Who is making big power or hauling ass with emissions?

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Saw a post on instagram about Dillehay's Superduty going well over six bills- emissions intact.

Who else is making decent power with all of the mandated emissions stuff?

I saw Clint, owner of ATS newer Ford roll mid 600 HP last week on their Mustang dyno, emission in-tact with an add-a-turbo compound setup and I was told is in the process of getting CARB EO numbers on the kit.

I was also told the days of 4k to 6k $ compound turbo kits are over and these new "tested" and "approved" systems are going to run 8k to 10k for an add-a-turbo compound system with tuning, etc.

Looks like the Firepunk guys are doing mid 500's with the Aisan and low 500's with the 68FRE on the roller cam 6.7's with emissions equipment installed.

I was also told the days of 4k to 6k $ compound turbo kits are over and these new "tested" and "approved" systems are going to run 8k to 10k for an add-a-turbo compound system with tuning, etc.

Well, maybe until several companies get in the game. Prices on that stuff will come down as things become normal.

Something to ponder- if 600 is somewhat easily achievable with emissions, imagine where we wil be in a few years.

It wasnt too long ago that 500 was a serious d!ck-swinger truck, and 850 at 5500 pounds was Prostreet competitive.

Isn't the LP5 Duramax doing 500+ with just some tuning? I thought that was the new rage but I stopped messing with street trucks in 2011.

Toying with tuning my 17 super duty, I have been hearing that high fives are possible with tune only. Sure seems like it’d be a blast to drive.

Toying with tuning my 17 super duty, I have been hearing that high fives are possible with tune only. Sure seems like it’d be a blast to drive.

Dang skippy it would be..... talk about a sleeper

On the heavy duty side, ISX -X15, we have guys up over 700 with the operational emission control in place. They run a little hotter on the exhaust side, but from what we've seen, they don't seem to regen as much as stock, and in applications with DEF, they burn less.

Amazing what a little pulse width will do.

We've been breaking 600 with all emissions in place on the L5P. A couple of the players are claiming they can get to 700. Currently the readily available daily driver tunes are doing around 550. Though the regen cycles have been fairly short.

I've got a 2019 f350 with 21k miles that I really want to tune. I've had the EZLynk files since last summer. Got the exhaust and EGR delete a couple months ago. It sure would be nice to get better than 9 MPG towing my work trailer.

Just too chicken to do it and lose that warranty. It is a Ford after all, I'm probably going to need it.

Anyone have any dyno sheets on a 550+ emissions intact truck? Interested to see the power curve. I’m assuming they’re pretty weak down low but I could be wrong

Anyone have any dyno sheets on a 550+ emissions intact truck? Interested to see the power curve. I’m assuming they’re pretty weak down low but I could be wrong

If they're doing 900-1000 lb-ft stock trim I doubt they'll be "weak". But I'd imagine guys aren't fueling them extremely hard down low to keep the trans alive

We've been breaking 600 with all emissions in place on the L5P. A couple of the players are claiming they can get to 700. Currently the readily available daily driver tunes are doing around 550. Though the regen cycles have been fairly short.

How does the transmission like it?

>600hp at the wheels? And that's stock fueling and turbo with emissions equipment operational?
I might start looking at new trucks...

You might make 600 a couple times on an L5P (fuel system and turbo will make it), but the 17-19 Allison didn't receive any upgrades. A pressure fooler in the trans might buy you some time, but the c3 pack (which has always been problematic) still has 4 frictions

Last edited:
So, when we are done staying away from each other, I think it is time for a DPF swinging contest LOL

Well, maybe until several companies get in the game. Prices on that stuff will come down as things become normal.

Something to ponder- if 600 is somewhat easily achievable with emissions, imagine where we wil be in a few years.

It wasnt too long ago that 500 was a serious d!ck-swinger truck, and 850 at 5500 pounds was Prostreet competitive.

All three things too many people forget.

How does the transmission like it?

With good transmission tuning, some live quite a while and some don't. Mostly comes down to how bad they abuse it. I tell all guys that they are on borrowed time.

>600hp at the wheels? And that's stock fueling and turbo with emissions equipment operational?
I might start looking at new trucks...

Right now the publicly available files are doing about 550 at the wheels. Keep in mind the regen intervals tend to be a bit short if you have a heavy foot.

You might make 600 a couple times on an L5P (fuel system and turbo will make it), but the 17-19 Allison didn't receive any upgrades. A pressure fooler in the trans might buy you some time, but the c3 pack (which has always been problematic) still has 4 frictions

I wouldn't disagree. I was just speaking to power numbers. Not the drivetrain and its long term capability.

To add to the post a little,

In response to Timbeaux, I was talking about the 6sp Allison.

Concerning the 10sp in the 2020 trucks, They so far have been taking the power better. We'll see what the long term results are. We also don't have transmission tuning available for the new TCM as of yet.

Back