How to Turn delivery valves on kubota D1305?

Lenny @ Dynomite Diesel mentioned honing the injectors in his Kubota in a recent video. Maybe worth seeing if they'll do the same for you?

fb66cc93d69f20b3a078b29a802b4dbf.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to find some videos from work. We repaired Ferris lawn mowers several times a year since they had perka-pillars in them.

We had one that had a scored cylinder wall. It ran fine until it turned one direction shot oil up the cylinder, it would roll coal and try to run away while it was turning.

The last one we did, somehow I ordered a higher horsepower engine that the original, 15hp is a hell of a lot on a diesel mower.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I will have to find some videos from work. We repaired Ferris lawn mowers several times a year since they had perka-pillars in them.

We had one that had a scored cylinder wall. It ran fine until it turned one direction shot oil up the cylinder, it would roll coal and try to run away while it was turning.

The last one we did, somehow I ordered a higher horsepower engine that the original, 15hp is a hell of a lot on a diesel mower.

Did you see the Ferris with the turbo Cat? 48hp! Probably $40,000

I hadn't seen a turbo model personally but know of them and worked on those engines in several other applications.
The ferris and badboys weren't engineered well enough to handle them in my opinion. Too many welding defects.

I hadn't seen a turbo model personally but know of them and worked on those engines in several other applications.
The ferris and badboys weren't engineered well enough to handle them in my opinion. Too many welding defects.

Yeah, the Ferris, I my opinion, isn’t the most well made mower out there but you just can’t beat the ride quality. I tried making my Kubota as close to the Ferris as a could in terms of comfort by adding a ZTR Puffer seat(true air ride with air bag and electric compressor) and Z-Glide front suspension but it’s just not quite as smooth as Ferris.

So, incase anyone was interested I ended up finding the info on “turning the delivery valve holders”. The arrows point to them in the picture. They are the slotted washer plate looking things. You simply loosen the injector line at the pump then loosen the two set screws and using a small punch or something similar just tap the the left to your desired amount. It resulted in 5 more pounds of boost under heavy load. Now I’m seeing 15 psi and pretty high intake air temps, 50 degrees over ambient. May be time for intercooler and reinstall of waste gate.

c5eaa27a9e44a5a5038a999aa50cd0df.jpg

Funny thing, no matter how much fuel I put to this little mower I can’t get EGTs to exceed 900-1000 degrees. Good thing, I guess. Maybe some bigger injectors and plungers are in order?

Funny thing, no matter how much fuel I put to this little mower I can’t get EGTs to exceed 900-1000 degrees. Good thing, I guess. Maybe some bigger injectors and plungers are in order?

Your prechambers will probably crack before you get to that point.

If you are feeling brave, you can pull the zexel cartridge and alter the injection timing by playing with the shim thickness under the flange.

If you are feeling brave, you can pull the zexel cartridge and alter the injection timing by playing with the shim thickness under the flange.

I pulled them ?

Back