KSB

WOT1stGen

'93 CTD
Im seeking information pertaining to the KSB on first gen's.. if someone can help me....such as what a ksb is, where it is, and last but not least how can i manipulate it to get more power out of my truck if this is at all possible...any information will be greatly appreciated

you can power it up using a switch or a jumper wirefrom your shut down solanoid i put mine on a switch for a while but notice NO increse in power at all and just a slight diffrence in sound when ideling but as for as a noticable diffrence in power...no dont expect anything...thats just my two cents on my experiance with it

Is it something like the cold start system on the 3rd gens but instead of shutting down cyclinders it advances timing?

i have never heard of the commonrail shutting down cylinders my buddies 800+hp 05 starts hard anyway but always hits on all 6.....regardless....from what i understand it increases timing and ups pump case pressure...but like i said i notice no effect whatsoever other than a little change in idle you can try it mabye with my pump setting the ksb just doesent have much effect but my timing is all the way aginst the head anyway...just bump your timing all the way up jayers has his pump 1 tooth advanced the pump all the way aginst the head and the ksb powerd

Here are pictures showing how the KSB functions. It can only advance timing if the transfer pump in the IP isn't being overwhelmed, which at higher horsepower settings is usually the case. It also can't advance timing beyond the maximum advance that would be achieved without it. What it will do is cause the timing to advance quicker, which may or may not be worth it; I've never seen evidence either way.

CCF06182009_00027.jpg

CCF06182009_00028.jpg

CCF06182009_00029.jpg

Back