Truckers, lets see your rigs!

How long oil drain intervals are given to new DD and Paccar engines in North America ? In Europe it is 150 000 km for Mercedes/Detroit and 200 000 km for DAF/Paccar engines in long distance work at under 40 000 kg GVW.

How long oil drain intervals are given to new DD and Paccar engines in North America ? In Europe it is 150 000 km for Mercedes/Detroit and 200 000 km for DAF/Paccar engines in long distance work at under 40 000 kg GVW.

Yup. You should stricktly adhere to those guidlines for your truck....

Hahahahah I have an $80,000 bill to eat because one of my customers tried to run their MAN/Navistar that long with no oil.

It doesn't matter what the manufacturer says the interval is when there's no oil when you get there.

On a serious note, another customer ran 20k filter+oil sample intervals on synthetics and turned cranks in over 20 units at the 550-600k mark

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yup. You should stricktly adhere to those guidlines for your truck....

Lmao, I do oil samples every 12k. My oil sample program consists of draining all the oil in a pan and then goes into the Clean Burn waste oil heater tank. And as long as the shop stays a nice 68* it was a good sample.

Friend just put a new head on an ISX that had 2 bad cams, and 4 bad followers and the bearings were roached. Owner mentioned extending his oil drains. Here is your $10k repair bill, you should definitely run that oil longer it’s worked out so well. IMO oil changes are cheap insurance.

Lmao, I do oil samples every 12k. My oil sample program consists of draining all the oil in a pan and then goes into the Clean Burn waste oil heater tank. And as long as the shop stays a nice 68* it was a good sample.

Friend just put a new head on an ISX that had 2 bad cams, and 4 bad followers and the bearings were roached. Owner mentioned extending his oil drains. Here is your $10k repair bill, you should definitely run that oil longer it’s worked out so well. IMO oil changes are cheap insurance.

But oil is expensive......... Says truckowner dinving Denali GMC/ Platinum Superduty/ Tungsten ram.:bang

But oil is expensive......... Says truckowner dinving Denali GMC/ Platinum Superduty/ Tungsten ram.:bang

Sounds like a farmer here. Driving an $80,000 pickup to drop a truck off before they leave for the yearly “after harvest 2 week Canadian fishing trip” but when you quote the repair they said “why does it cost so much?”

If the cost of an oil change is standing between you and bankruptcy you need to sell the truck.

I type this sitting a the Blue Beacon waiting for a $120 truck wash because I didn’t feel like getting my boots wet today. Has to be a government program to pay for this like a chrome subsidy.......

Sounds like a farmer here. Driving an $80,000 pickup to drop a truck off before they leave for the yearly “after harvest 2 week Canadian fishing trip” but when you quote the repair they said “why does it cost so much?”

If the cost of an oil change is standing between you and bankruptcy you need to sell the truck.

I type this sitting a the Blue Beacon waiting for a $120 truck wash because I didn’t feel like getting my boots wet today. Has to be a government program to pay for this like a chrome subsidy.......

Im glad its not just like that here. Coulpe customers tell me their trucks are "just an expense and dont make any money" when they are driving $70k-$80k dollar pickups. To which ive trained my response to be. "Ok, here's your bill".

70k rigand 70k pickup in same pic. What you thinkgets more attention????

Attachments

• 20181028_120105.jpg
    20181028_120105.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 0
Im glad its not just like that here. Coulpe customers tell me their trucks are "just an expense and dont make any money" when they are driving $70k-$80k dollar pickups. To which ive trained my response to be. "Ok, here's your bill".

70k rigand 70k pickup in same pic. What you thinkgets more attention????

I’m not knocking the $70k pickup, hell buy two if you want. Just don’t beat everyone else up trying to make a buck just so you can trade it when it needs tires.

Told the boys on cummins forum that i changed oil every 5k on the pickups and 7k on the smaller trucks and they just about banned me for such foolish wastefulness. Ironically the next 26 threads were probably anout how horrible egr valves were and how their motor went out prematurely.

Company I worked for as a subcontractor had 15 Mercedes trucks with 450 hp DD13, they went without problems about 600 000 km and oils were changed 150 intervals. Never used any oil. How long will they last ? Next owner will find out. Or one after that, who will most likely be some arab.

Company I worked for as a subcontractor had 15 Mercedes trucks with 450 hp DD13, they went without problems about 600 000 km and oils were changed 150 intervals. Never used any oil. How long will they last ? Next owner will find out. Or one after that, who will most likely be some arab.

Oh I understand doing that. If you know your not keeping it over a certain mileage then it makes sense to extend them. Same with the OEM’s allowing long drain intervals. To someone sitting behind a desk that orders trucks and only looks at numbers, longer looks better on paper.

I bought a truck once that was maintained by Ryder fleet services for a tanker fleet. Found out that the paperwork had seen more grease than the actual truck.

67f317739c640476d4be987194620e63.jpg

Chicago on a Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don’t know if I’m a trucker for this but here’s my rig

Attachments

• 3DEDD49A-DB3E-43D4-8185-D7EED476D87E.jpeg
    3DEDD49A-DB3E-43D4-8185-D7EED476D87E.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 0
Back