Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech > LMM GM Duramax
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
Nsnr8r

Name: Nsnr8r
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Question Gmc 2008 lmm DPF delete and PPE tuner question..

First off,let me say hello to everyone here. I'm new to posting ,but have used the info that you guys provide many times over the years and I want to say thanks to y'all for helping everyone. The combined knowledge on this forum is invaluable to all of us novice diesel owners.. My question is, I have a 08 gmc 2500hd with an Allison tranny and I'm going to be installing a sinister egr delete and flopro dpf delete pipe. I purchased the truck about 2 years ago and the previous owner already had a PPE TUNER that came with the truck. He ran it on lev3 "hi performance" so that's where I've kept it and it runs pretty quick. The tuner says "hot" on the side so I guess it's not a hot+2 that I see on many threads.Some people have told me that this tuner will delete the dpf and some said it will not,so I spoke win a tech at PPE and he said that none of their tuners delete dpf because it's "illegal". My perception is that he's covering their asses,but I wanted to make sure. I see many posts and videos that show people using PPE tuners on dpf deletes so I'm sure that some work. According to the manual,this tuner works for 5 levels on LMM engines. Economy,tow,high,race and hot. It also has a hot+2 and hot+2 ET that says not for lmm engines. I could really use all yalls knowledge on this. I plan on doing the delete pipe 1st,then Egr blocker when I get time to...

1.I need to know if my tuner will delete the dpf,if so,does it need to be on a specific tune to delete it or does it turn off dpf on all levels.
2.What level tune should I run it in when I install the delete pipe.
3.Removal and install tips.
4.Any tips,tricks,other input from the pros on here would be greatly appreciated..
5.Is there possibly going to be any code throwing issues I need to know about.And if I can clear them.

This is a pretty intimidating project for me and I need all the advice I can get. I don't like diving into anything blind...
Thanks guys

Closed Thread