Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Diesel Conversions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Diesel Conversions Powerplant swaps, Repowers, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
427Aggie

Name: 427Aggie
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
48RE stand Alone PCS/Suncost VB help

So i'm trying to finish up my CR/48RE conversion on my H1 and I'm down to the wiring and tranny..this is the part I hate.

So got everything wired up running the Suncoast VB and PCS 2000 setup. I can get into the computer and have TPS all setup and can monitor it.

When I shift out of park nothing changes on the gear monitor and the tranny grinds when going back into park. Its like the VB doesn't know what gear its in or somethings wonky here. I need help this part is over my head and thus the last thing I wanted to mess with so I'm going to get frustrated quickly.

Thanks

Old 12-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #2
Crawler

Name: Crawler
Title: Press the BIG RED button.
Member`s Gallery
What shifter are you using?

Verify you are using the correct adapter on the trans shift selector.

With the engine off, cycle your shifter through every gear and verify that the selector on the trans is clicking into each decent.

Do this before you run it anymore.

95 Dodge-1500 Back Half 4-link 12V
2020 Duramax 2500 HPTuners
2015 Duramax 2500 EFI Live
2017 Powerstroke 3500 EZ Lynk

Old 12-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
Crawler

Name: Crawler
Title: Press the BIG RED button.
Member`s Gallery
Also if you could tell us about the truck/H1 and what all parts you are using, this would help. Wshifter brand and model, who built the transmission, if it’s just a VB then where did the trans come from, etc...

95 Dodge-1500 Back Half 4-link 12V
2020 Duramax 2500 HPTuners
2015 Duramax 2500 EFI Live
2017 Powerstroke 3500 EZ Lynk

Old 12-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
Poulina

Name: Poulina
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like your shifting mechanism is a little out of wack,

When you shift to drive you should have 1st gear no matter what, even if the controller is not plugged in. I would contact whoever you are using for tuning the controller. If you need tunes hit up AA Motorworks in Mountain View, CA

Old 12-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #5
427Aggie

Member`s Gallery
So the transmission was done by a local guy in Dallas.

The shifter is the H1 Shifter we had to custom make the linkage and redo the detents to line up with the 48re.

If I disconnect the computer I can cycle through the gears and drive it just fine its only when the computer is hooked up that I have the issues.

I haven't done anything with the tune that comes in the computer from Suncoast..Talked to them on Friday and they confirmed it should just be 3 wires and it should run. I have gotten the TPS calibrated.

Last edited by 427Aggie; 12-15-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #6
427Aggie

Member`s Gallery
As soon as I posted this it made me think ok I haven't driven it without the computer for what 8 months so I went to try it again and its not shifting so it looks like the little bracket on the rod out of the transmission was loose

Now its not shifting so i get to learn this stinking software

Closed Thread