Drag Tire reccomendation

Piker

New to drag racing!
I have been searching all over and came up empty handed, what would you folks recommend for drag racing tires for my rat rod? Plan to order wheels for the new tires.
6.0L - stock but looking to run 600+ hp next summer
5R110 tran
Stock Dana 80 looking at the Eaton TrueTrac as she is "two tires on fire"
5100lbs with driver
Thanks!
Piker

That depends on the direction you want to go.

Are you wanting a drag radial,a slick, or a DOT slick?

390/45R15

They also offer it in a 17" if you prefer.

On the 17" I've gone 1.67 60ft on a full weight two wheel drive quad cab Dodge 2500. The only suspension mods were cal tracs and a couple of leafs removed in the rear. I'm sure guys have probably gone faster. That's just my experience.

That's about as much tire as you can find in a drag radial.

Though your fabricator may be able to set your suspension and chassis to better utilize a smaller footprint tire.

But, on your rig with the look you are going after, I think it would be a good choice for form and function.

Last edited:
390/45R15

They also offer it in a 17" if you prefer.

On the 17" I've gone 1.67 60ft on a full weight two wheel drive quad cab Dodge 2500. The only suspension mods were cal tracs and a couple of leafs removed in the rear. I'm sure guys have probably gone faster. That's just my experience.

That's about as much tire as you can find in a drag radial.

Though your fabricator may be able to set your suspension and chassis to better utilize a smaller footprint tire.

But, on your rig with the look you are going after, I think it would be a good choice for form and function.

That is what I was thinking. Looking for the traction and then the look. It is will be finished as a show truck (welder up like) and I want to have some fun with it racing.

Appreciate your input.

Piker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking for the most traction with a "hot wheels" or "welderup" appearance then I think the M&H is the way to go. The M&H is 12.5" tread width, 14.8" section width, and 29.5" tall.

If it was purely for look then I would go the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R. It looks great, but the traction isn't there.

If you are looking for the most traction with a "hot wheels" or "welderup" appearance then I think the M&H is the way to go. The M&H is 12.5" tread width, 14.8" section width, and 29.5" tall.

If it was purely for look then I would go the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R. It looks great, but the traction isn't there.

Looking for traction as I have the 20" Cali dually's for show and shines.

Thanks Crawler!

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 0
Back