New Truck, Is It Worth It?

The aspect ratio (the 65 in your size description) does not correlate to the load range of the tire. I am surprised that a 1/2-ton truck would have Load Range E tires, I suspect someone put the wrong tires on it at some point... Look at the door placard or owners manual to confirm... I guess with the new tow ratings they are putting on 1/2-ton trucks they may run E tires to meet the ratings though...

I've put the tires on. The factory a/r is 60. I am saying because I went to a larger aspect ratio to get a taller tire(my preference), it jumped me to load range e because they don't make that brand in that size any other way.

I've put the tires on. The factory a/r is 60. I am saying because I went to a larger aspect ratio to get a taller tire(my preference), it jumped me to load range e because they don't make that brand in that size any other way.

10-4, I'm sure there are other brands in that size that are not E rated... but the point I was making is that 1/2 ton trucks do not NEED E rated tires where 3/4 and 1-ton trucks do and some are even using F rated tires now! Which makes tires more expensive for the larger trucks than the 1/2-tons, unless you go and change the size or something like you did...

10-4, I'm sure there are other brands in that size that are not E rated... but the point I was making is that 1/2 ton trucks do not NEED E rated tires where 3/4 and 1-ton trucks do and some are even using F rated tires now! Which makes tires more expensive for the larger trucks than the 1/2-tons, unless you go and change the size or something like you did...

Ya your right. I do like the stiffer tire though. I would say going to load range e added $300 cad on my size. From $1200-$1500.

Back