Street/strip tires

ehines218

Not sure if this is the place but I am looking to turn my dd into a dd race truck. I'm wanting a tire the will be decent on the street while giving good traction at the track. I want something that can tow but won't be very often. What would you guys recommend?

Nitto 420s's and toyo proxes seem to be a good choice but maybe somebody will chime in that has had them longer than me. I just put a set of 420s's on my truck about a month ago and they hook pretty dang good on my truck but I haven't had a chance to get them on the track yet. And my truck doesn't make a whole lot of power so... Haha but they're pretty cheap as well

see my problem with the nitto and toyo tires your talking about is that they only come in a 32x12. I need a 33 for the top end because I have a vp truck with 4.10 ratio out back. I'm already running out of top end and Im wanting to add at least 100 horse here real soon.

My truck still has 3.54's in it and I went from a 37" to a 305/50/r20. It's close enough to a 33" if you ask me. I know I've been 135 140ish mph on the 37's but I haven't had a chance to see how it does with the 420s's now. I mean I can tell my rpm's run a good bit different now but the throttle and boost response is so much better I'll take it any day of the week. And it dropped my egt's at least 300-400* so I'm not complaining haha.

And like he said plenty of trucks have been in the 10's on nitto's and Toyo's. Not sure what gears they were runnin but I know plenty of people runnin 305/50's that's in the 10's.

i picked up a set of 325/50/20 toyo proxes for my truck they discontunued them a year or so ago so good luck finding a set ill let you all know how they hook in 3 weeks when my truck makes its first pass with the built trans

My problem is being a vp truck and with the 4.10 i run out of rpm at like 105 with 32's. and it stops pulling real hard at like 95.

How fast do you plan on goin with the truck? Only thing I can think of bigger than that would be a good all terrain

If you are willing to run a 22 then the toyo proxes 305/45/22 might get you closer to where you want to be. Plenty of guys have hooked well with nitto terra grapplers and they might give you more size options.

Edit: I wouldn't go 130 on them but to get you 105-110 I wouldn't worry

Yeah I was kinda leanin towards terra grapplers or toyo all terrains. My neighbor had terra graps on his 6.0 for a while 285's I think on factory 18's. I knows been 120-130 on them so I wouldn't worry too much haha

I also know guys that have 1.6 60 footed on terra grapplers consistenly. If the setup is decent they will hook!

If nothin else and you're really wantin to go fast maybe look at a different gear ratio? I daily drove my 3.54's on 37's no problem. Egt's got warm on a hard pull but with the 305/50's it's not a problem. Wantin to say my rpm's are around 1700-1800 at 60 or so, I'll have to check again when I drive it. But I've towed with it plenty and it does fine. And I can promise you it's still pullin like a freight train at 100mph haha

well I hit 101 in the 1/4 mile running 30 lbs of boost and I'm running 50 now. I had a pretty bad boost leak and a wastegate opening early. I am also planning on going from a 62 to a 66mm charger bigger sticks and locked shifts so hopefully getting a decent amount quicker.

Back