Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 98-02 2nd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
tinkertoy

Name: tinkertoy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Redline only fueling 60% and a P0253

I'm wondering if anyone has had a redline just fuel60% set to 100%?

Think I could have a bad connection?

Old 07-26-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
tinkertoy

Member`s Gallery
I was doing ground and voltage check on the plug that plugs to the back of vp and plugged back up, when I started it it had different sound! So I took it for a test drive with redline on soon as I gave throttle it started hammering like it was running on couple cyclinder, it died! So I tryed to start it wouldn't, so I unplugged the plug and plugged back n and it ran so I tryed to give it fuel when redline light came on did the same thing!

I checked codes and it ran p0253,p0232! 232 is fuel shutoff signal voltage too high, so I got some grease and a clip for plug that holds it snug to the pump because mine had been missed up from a fire before I owned the truck! I put grease on and clip on and I started and ran took it up the road and back, ran codes and it had a p1689 and the usual p0230 because I'm not using wires for lift pump! I cleared codes with scan tool but it still came back several times trying to clear it,so I got it cleared finally and drove it again now the 253 is back and also the 230!

I checked map voltage and it's right at 1 volt idling and 1.6-1.7 wide open. I haven't check straight from ecm yet but that's low right for a 01?

Truck fills weak and for some reason bout 36-3800rpm's with redline on boost shots up like 10psi.

Is this ecm related u think?

Old 07-27-2017, 08:09 AM   #3
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like you are measuring the boost fooler voltage.

Old 07-29-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
tinkertoy

Member`s Gallery
Yeah your correct I took foolers out and got 1 volt at idle and 2.2 at wop, but I ran some wires n cab and got 2.3 with quad and 2.4 with redline with foolers n under load! I in process of changing injection pump plug but I must have a late 01 harness and trucks early 01, got two wires different colors!
On truck I got
Green with red tracer
Brown with orange tracer
On harness I'm putting on
Light blue with red tracer
Purple with orange tracer

Does any one know which wire go where?

Old 07-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
tinkertoy

Member`s Gallery
Never mind I ohm the plug but didn't fix it!

Closed Thread