Aeromotive Diesel Lift pump

copenglenn

It's beer 30
After a couple years of R&D, Aeromotive is releasing a diesel specific lift pump. They've had it at SEMA the last 2 years and Diesel Power had it in a recent issue after SEMA this year as well.

It's a really nice pump with a lot of great features. I've had the privilege of working with them this last year and we've been testing them out. We had it with us a Bean's this year and talked with quite a few people about it with a lot of good feedback.

Currently it's only offered for 01-10 Duramax trucks but they are finishing up on the Cummins and Powerstroke kits. A good friend of mine is bringing his LML up to them today for a test fit to get those kits wrapped up.

Anyways, here's a video from Aeromotive from SEMA 2013 when they first debuted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Jn5MyxCEw

Aeromotive_DieselPump_1_zps8milutcm.jpg

Its about time! I was thinking about starting a thread for these... was it your writeup that i saw on another forum?

Badass looking pump. Nice to see another FASS Airdog alternative!

I have done a couple write ups on bookface but not any forums. Another guy who was testing posted something on one of the Duramax forums a couple years ago. I'm not impressed by a whole lot of products but this pump definitely has impressed me. Definitely has the end user in mind when they built it.

The regulator adjusts from 2-60 psi so it will work for a 12v application. They just don't have the lines and wiring harness completed for them yet. It's in the works though!

Oh nice, I thought it was a lower pressure one. But thats awesome, I think I would like to try one out for sure.

That's what's nice about having one of their regulators built into filter head part of it. I know some guys like a little more pressure for their 12V but what's really nice is that the regulator can be boost referenced. 30-40 psi for around town and boost it up to 60 when you need it.

Sweetness. Im definitely interested in one. It looks solid, and never really heard anything bad about there other pumps. So this should be badass actually being made for diesels.

Sema video the Aeromotive rep states a whopping 2-8 mpg increase :lolly: Where does the water go with this single filter option? Possibly that column next to the motor that appears to have a regular screwdriver to twist open and close?

I saw the duramax pumps were retailing for around $1750, unless the company releasing them got the price wrong.

Sema interview said it was going to be more an affordable solution! That's an insane amount of money for a lift pump system. Lifetime warranty?

Good God, they're extremely proud of their pumps.
Guess they are yet another vendor who subscribes to the idea that diesel = gourmet and parts are priced accordingly.

Sema video the Aeromotive rep states a whopping 2-8 mpg increase :lolly: Where does the water go with this single filter option? Possibly that column next to the motor that appears to have a regular screwdriver to twist open and close?

Yeah, mpg claims might be a stretch lol. Water goes into the bottom of the filter like any water seperator, the CAT 1R-0750 pictured doesn't have a water drain on it. It has 1-14 threads so many common filters/water sperators can be spun on.

Back