Intro

rcr1978

I've been creepn here off and for a long time from a occasional link ect, per my join date :bigsmile:

Tired of seeing this finally

Hello rcr1978,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together forums now!

Well not a whole lot to share other than putting a Duramax motor together after 2 years down with a crack piston.
Callies billet narrowed crank, Wagler billet rods, girdle, studs everywhere, ported heads, Mahle race cast pistons and Stage 1 cam for street-ability/towing. Small twins Stock LB7/475, Exergy 100% SAC injectors, Dual, Cp3's, Profab manifolds/upipes. Assembly myself.

Robert

Last edited:
Haha thanks for the welcomes, not to serious still have cast pistons and limited by the 475 but it's going to be useable and going to get worked pretty hard. Thought about Diamonds new steel inserted forged pistons but not enough feedback about them and they were double the cost.

Perfect I will, got a few of the old cracked piston I will post to. Failure was iniated from a leaky cup it let coolant seap into one cylinder, truck had the common hard radiator hose after sitting for days, and the low coolant light would come one about once a year. The truck did not get drove often so the coolant would sit in that cylinder for a while, the piston has some erosion on it to. I found it one day after starting it in the garage when coolant dripped on the floor coming from the down pipe, looked around and it was coming out were the exhaust slipped together. Pulled all the glow plugs and spun it over to find the wet cylinder and it was #6, even the glow plug was wet with coolant. Took a chance and resealed the cup for the injector, should have done them all but only did the one. It stopped using coolant for 5 years then I was whippin it pretty good on the way home and heard a "metallic pink" noise let out of it and coasted to a stop sign just down the road from my house. When I gave it a little fuel to get moving again I felt the miss and saw the white smoke from the dead hole, limped it 1/4 mile to the house, pulled the oil fill cap, and it was a dead give away what had happen. Checked balance rates, found the dead hole , and did a compression test after that put it away in the shop until I felt like spending the cash to fix it. Would worked on it sooner but I was recouping from the shop build cost.

Sorry, rcr.....my previous post was to a jerk spamming the site to get his 10 posts, not you. The mods must've erased all his posts.

Welcome. ;)

Back