Bought a cheap truck, now I don't like it. Foglights.

s281jim

I bought a 2018 Tradesman new last year. Wanted the G56 and fancy trucks didn't have it. Long story short, I want to add the factory foglights if it's reasonable. IS there a kit available that would have all of the parts necessary? Don't want to tear into it and find out I'm missing a few components.

When I searched this site, I found a thread about a 2008, many said the truck had to be re-flashed after installing a kit, is this true?

Anybody know of a parts list, or know of an off the shelf kit?

I bought a 2018 Tradesman new last year. Wanted the G56 and fancy trucks didn't have it. Long story short, I want to add the factory foglights if it's reasonable. IS there a kit available that would have all of the parts necessary? Don't want to tear into it and find out I'm missing a few components.

When I searched this site, I found a thread about a 2008, many said the truck had to be re-flashed after installing a kit, is this true?

Anybody know of a parts list, or know of an off the shelf kit?

If you want factory lights then you need to have the fog light code added to your sales list then ya they reflash. It isn’t that big a deal. Does your bumper have fog light holes? The wiring should be there I think. Would need the headlight switch with fog light ability and the fog lights.

Alternatively you can get the lights and install your own switch.

You should be able to get the AlphaOBD software and change about anything you want. Lots of guys adding and changing light set ups, etc. I used it when I upgraded to the 8.4 radio and added auto climate control. Awesome tool, well software.

You should be able to get the AlphaOBD software and change about anything you want. Lots of guys adding and changing light set ups, etc. I used it when I upgraded to the 8.4 radio and added auto climate control. Awesome tool, well software.

Agreed. Go read this thread that just started:
Good functional OBD2 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Looks like it has this functionality.

You'll obviously have to buy a bumper that accommodates the fog lights, the fog light frames, and fog lights too.

I bought these ones about a year ago and have been very happy with them. My original ones got sand blasted from driving down a dirt road for years.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JDXPLZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back