White smoke when exhaust brake is on

coorsman2005

i like beer
Like the title says. Truck is tuned by ctt. All the other parts fell off. When only it was cold it started like trying to do the loud whistling trying to get it to warm up faster. But it would start to engage then kick out is what it sounded like.

Then a guy at the stealer ship said the actuator was bad and decided he should rebuild the turbo. So the guy rebuilt the turbo himself. (YES I KNOW DUMB) He let's him do it. Cause he told him that he does that.

Now it's to warm for it to do the original issue. But it white smokes with the exhaust brake on runs great other then that. The wind has been to much to smell it I got a hint of it. I thought it smelled like antifreeze. What are your guys thoughts.

I'm on the wagon that the guy didnt know what he was getting into rebuilding a turbo and messed something up. Now its pulling antifreeze into the turbo sending it out the exhaust.

(I will post a video)

Turbo would have to be cracked internally to get antifreeze near the exhaust. The smoke could be a completely unrelated issue that shows its face when the conditions are right ie. cold and exhaust brake on.

Well it's hot now and that's when this part started after he done the rebuild. It didnt do the smoking previously. I have no clue what could cause it it was just a thought.

We have changed and tried multiple different ctt tune setups and it's all the same white smoke issue.

Last edited:
Software, calibration and hardware. If the issue didn't exist, then hardware failed, that hardware was replaced, and now an issue exists, sounds like there's a hardware problem.

Using tuning to correct for questionable hardware is no bueno.

I am also assuming the hardware was legit prior to any issues.

Back