1987 D150 Puller

Jonnylightening

2 wheel drive nut
Hey guys heres my 2wd puller. As of now it has a gasser 400 mopar but gettin a Cummins inplant for the upcommin season. A few weeks ago I picked up a '96 12v engine with 155,xxx miles for cheap So i jumped on it. If you guys have any tips on the swap or parts combos it
would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20130822_200417.jpg
    20130822_200417.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
What else is done with the truck.
Trans,rear end,suspension,
Truck looks good can't wait to see it hit the track.

Dale

Right now it has NP435 trans, 208 t-case, f106 Rockwell, and suspension is solid 2x2 thick wall tubing. Gatherin parts as we speak for the cummins swap. I'm planning on throwin in a NV4500 w/ t-case, and DD Clutch. I'll also hav to box the frame alil more. I'm lookin for any help/tips to get this thing together.

Lots of good info built up here. just do a little reading and should get your basics figured out. Your biggest battle will be the weight gain from the gasser to the oil burner. Good luck...

My only concern would be rules that will not allow you to pull it in a 2.6 or workstock class with the Rockwell. Unless you have planned on going 3.0. But then again maybe they'll be forgiving because your only 2wd.

Awesome idea though. I've thought about a 2wd puller before.

My only concern would be rules that will not allow you to pull it in a 2.6 or workstock class with the Rockwell. Unless you have planned on going 3.0. But then again maybe they'll be forgiving because your only 2wd.

Awesome idea though. I've thought about a 2wd puller before.

^^^ Thus the reason i am going 3.0 Most orgs see it as a ODL truck even if its just the rear axle. My local orgs would let me run 2.6 but everywhere else had to run 3.0.

I don't see why clubs or organizations can't allow ODL in 2.6 for the 2wd guys. After all the 2wd guys are starting off with a slight disadvantage.

2 wd can and do compete in the 4x4 class even with less hp.Lynn will verify this.

Dale

I ran a few seasons with a Dana 80.. spent more money trying to keep it together that i could have bought a really nice SQHD. lol I couldnt keep a R&P in more than about 3 hooks before it would shell one.. The 2 ton im running now hasnt offered to give a single bit of trouble.. After the 3.0 build is done i might be stressing it a little bit more.. but we will see.

Back