Battery Voltage light

BlackBetty6.7

Battery voltage light started coming on today. Battery voltage keeps bouncing from 12v-14v. No check engine lights on. 2015 Ram with 6.7, single alternator and original batteries. Anyone have any ideas?

Ryan

Check the crossover cable. Those give lots of problems. See if the pass and driver side battery has the same voltage at the terminals.

Well we unhooked the negative battery cables and tested the batteries. The batteries tested good. So next we tested the alternator. Alternator tested 12v and was bouncing all over. Checked the crossover and its peachy. So I just ordered a new Mean Green alternator. Hope this is the fix. Was really hoping it was the batteries since they are three year old mopars. Oh well we will see what happens this week when we do the replacement. $5k in two months on this thing hurts.:doh:

wow. 4 years old and the alt went out before the batts? i guess it happens. these days 2 batteries is more than an alternator so there is that.

i believe mopar and delco are some good OEM batts, orielleys and vato zone have cheap lead in them now.

Back