custom build transmissions by Garmon diesel

triton

Scarlet Fever
for those that don't know, Jeff @ Garmon diesel performance is now building whole transmissions under his own brand of parts.

They will contain torque converters specially designed for Garmon diesel, valve bodies custom built by Garmon diesel and all billet " Opie " shafts. They will also have a custom external fluid filter.

They can come in full competition builds to basic upgrades. All parts will be warrantied for 2 full unconditional years. Whole transmissions will be built and sent to customers for the install or if you're in the area he'd be happy to do the install for you.

There's many builders out there and many do a great job. Jeff is no exception. He builds some of the strongest transmission in racing and now they're getting even stronger.

My truck has a full Garmon diesel competition build. I've made well over 100 passes this last season on 37's at 8500lbs without any issue. Many passes netted 1.7 60ft times. That’s a lot of stress from a heavy truck and I contribute it holding together because of the quality build by Garmon diesel

Anyone interested can get a hold of Jeff @ 770-898-8585

its a goodie!

i also have a full billet from jeff.....great firm shifts and have about 4 pass;s on the 1/4. and plenty of playing on asphalt!!:rockwoot:

is he just Dodge?

NOPE!! He's a one stop shop!! He will do Ford's and GM's as well...

He def. does more Dodge's due to the fact that he's a severe CUMMINS Freak like most of us here.!!! lol

Call him!!!

I've got one of his Full Billet 48re's!!! He's got some custom parts being built too!!! Very trick!! Flex Plate stuff and internals....

The man know his Chit!!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Hey everybody!!! Who am I imitating!!????

I guess I'm a cheerleader for Jeff like COMP is for I.I.......:hehe:

TY, you are guilty too man!!!! You started the thread and beat me to it!!!

Seriously though, Jeff is worth cheering for!!!

easy now... I would go that far :hehe:

I asked Jeff if he wanted me to get this word out which he did so, here it is.

I would say I'm a Garmon diesel advocate :lolly:

easy now... I would go that far :hehe:

I asked Jeff if he wanted me to get this word out which he did so, here it is.

I would say I'm a Garmon diesel advocate :lolly:

Advocate!!! Ha!! Well, At least your on the pay roll....:hehe:

Ok, I'm just a Fan then !!!! hehe

...yea... I guess his trannys & converters are OK. Mines managed to hold up for 40k miles or so, but my truck has less than 1400ftlbs of torque, & I NEVER abuse, or work it hard. However, I must complain about his customer service... I contacted him a while back to address a shifting issue, but he has yet to respond to the complaint. It seams, ever since he rebuilt the tranny in my truck, when it shifts 1-2, at WOT, with the converter locked, it immediatly causes the CD player to eject my Kenny G. disc.

Last edited:
im not very impressed i had a transmission rebuilt by garmon that has around 8-10 thousand miles on it, had to take it back to him after a week due to faulty torque converter, and now the transmission is slipping bad and if i hook a trailer to it it will not shift right at all, and it has a horrible lag in between shifts, and cannot get in touch with garmon to discuss fixing, paid 2500 bucks and fuel to drive back and forth and its worse than the factory dodge

im not very impressed i had a transmission rebuilt by garmon that has around 8-10 thousand miles on it, had to take it back to him after a week due to faulty torque converter, and now the transmission is slipping bad and if i hook a trailer to it it will not shift right at all, and it has a horrible lag in between shifts, and cannot get in touch with garmon to discuss fixing, paid 2500 bucks and fuel to drive back and forth and its worse than the factory dodge

Garmon is good with trannies but, no one is perfect. It may not have been something he did at all. $2500 is a quarter of what a full build can cost. You may have something else going on besides what Jeff did.

Complaining about it online will get you no where though. Jeff is hard to get a hold of sometimes but, if you were to take this issue to him, I'm sure he'd be happy to take care of it for you. I'd try leaving him a message or you can PM him here ( Jeff2 )

ive left a message and waiting for a call back. i took it to him and he said he could do a stock build for 1500 or a stronger build (not billet or anything) for 2500, this was all i needed since its a mostly stock 01 3/4ton. and it was good at first, but the shifts got continually slower, and harder it has gotten to where it drags for about 5 seconds in between shifts and then about throws you out of the seat, and when i was pulling a trailer the other day (about 4500lbs) going up very small hills the trans didnt want to shift at all.

Problems happen...never dealt with Jeff on a tranny, but I paid way more for my tranny, with a lot of parts in it, and even I have had some trouble with it;)

Give him time to get it resolved...your tranny builder can either be a good friend, or a bad enemy...whichever you chose;)

Chris

you may have crud in the fluid or a dirty filter. It doesn't take much to clog up some of the orifices or solenoids which could cause poor shifting.

I'll give him a call and mention you're having trouble. He's not going to leave you hanging. He's a one man show so, it very common to have trouble getting a hold of him. If he answered every call, he'd not get a thing done because it rings every 2 minutes..... literally.

well im trying to give him a chance, i had heard great things so i tried him on this one since my usual tranny mechanic doesnt do diesels. i figured jeff would be a good choice from his reputatation and hopefully we can work this out

Back