turbo for this motor

RayRoss42

MAXWELL
what turbo or twin set up should i put on this motor.

Fully built lbz duramax with 60%over stock injectors and dual cp3s..

Thought about a gt42 or s475 but need other opinions:ft:

some people say it would be laggy.. i wouldnt think so.. my buddy runs the gt4094 with 150s and the 85%over cp3 and its not laggy at all. he does 700 on fuel.. its not laggy at all either.. very good running truck

I am not sure I would have to ask him. I thought he said it was a stage 3 cp3. I could be wrong but I'll ask him tomorrow and get back to you. All in all He just has some tuning a cp3 upgrade and a Mike L Transmission and a lift pump and he runs a GT4202 and drives it no problem down the road and it lights up rather well for what it is. I don't think you could go wrong with a GT42 setup. The other truck switched to a single s480 if I am not mistaken.

jeeze 80mm single is damn serious.. yeah i like the way these garretts do on maxs.. i shouldnt have any prob spooling the gt42.. the way it looked i could maybe run the s475 before starting to run into lag problems..

I think you would do just fine spooling any one of them. They will obviously be laggier than you are use to but by no means are they too much for you. I think either way you will be happy.

thanx for the input.. ive had people reacently tell me i could get away with the s475 without having lag issues..

No it's stock. Only things done are modded cp3, turbo, and tranny, lift pump. EFI tuning by never satisfied.

OK thanks. Im putting a gt42r on my truck for Scheids pull in a few weeks. Ive got 60% sticks and dual cp3 on a 100% stock motor so im a little worried about it holding together. This makes me feel a little better though.

OK thanks. Im putting a gt42r on my truck for Scheids pull in a few weeks. Ive got 60% sticks and dual cp3 on a 100% stock motor so im a little worried about it holding together. This makes me feel a little better though.

This turbo was bought from a guy with a fully built engine. It had no problem. Here is the video of it on the other truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e7p3rDkBRs
never satisfied. He ran a s480 from ED recently and the GT42 stood up better than the 480 did.

Back