turbo for this motor

I mean im worried about the bottom end of the motor holding together.

O ok. I understand. Ya I don't know. We have had a truck or 2 around hererun the same setup as you and it lasted for a while. I want to say a year or so before it finally let go. But each truck is different so it's hard to say.

thanx for the input.. ive had people reacently tell me i could get away with the s475 without having lag issues..

any aftermarket turbo will have a larger amount of lag when your comparing it to stock. thats just how it is. you have a duramax it will spool like now. the gt would be just fine for you

Wouldn't the Gt42 with ball bearings light quicker/easier than the S480 would? I've been running a ball bearing based Garrett all summer and I love it.

Wouldn't the Gt42 with ball bearings light quicker/easier than the S480 would? I've been running a ball bearing based Garrett all summer and I love it.

Yes it does light off faster, but then again the comp wheel is a good bit smaller on the GT42. Kind of an apples and oranges comparison.

motor comes in tomorrow should have first crank on wed next week.. Still havent invested in a turbo..

If you want a really good custom charger talk to Mark at Danville Performance. He can set you up with whatever you want in a turbo.

what are you looking to do with the truck? pull it? race it? just drive it? tow it? all of that will determine what your best option is too. if you are just stuck on a 3" turbo, i'd choose the S475 with 83/87 turbine wheel, smaller turbine housing, and race cover. much more cost effective than a GT42 and you can reach 850+ on fuel.

Ill be racing this truck.. truck will never tow anything.. Ill be running 60% over stock injectors also.. Im also not going to fool around with trying to find a single cp3 that flows enough so im going to get the dual fuelers the same time i get the turbo..

Dallas@Suncoast runs a S366/73 non gated charger from Fleece on ats manifolds & uppipes in his 09LMM with twin stock pumps & +65% injectors... did 678hp on a "canned" tune at the ts races, the next day we drove to fleece and had them live-tune it and the truck runs even harder! I would highly reccomend this setup if wanting to use a single and still DD on the dmax

im not that worried about having a single on this truck and it being laggy because here pretty soon ill be getting as DD.. High 600's is plenty single turbod though for me...

Remember those Garrett "R" turbos are not only ball bearing but they are oil and water cooled.

These are also available with the new X wheel. Supposed to flow 10% better than the GT wheels.
GTX4294R 70.3 x 94 comp wheel, 82 turbine wheel
GTX4202R 75.8 x 102 comp wheel, 82 turbine wheel
and if you want big,
GTX4508R 79.8 x 108 comp wheel, 87 turbine wheel

Must order turbine housing separately. Available A/Rs are 1.01, 1.15, 1.28, 1.44, all with T4 flange. Your Garrett distributor should have all of these within 1 day of them.

gt 45 would be massive as a single.. laggy as hell
Probably. I just threw that in because you said the truck is for racing plus it finishes the X wheel subject. Mostly just wanted to point out there is more than one GT42 and both have customizable boost rates/EGTs.

Thanx alot for the info.. i just mostly hear about guys running that 4202.. Any specific reason that guys like that version??

its cheaper and is a generic 3" charger (compared to the bigger garretts). also it is the most talked up because it's been around forever.

Back