Rust removal

12valve95

Comp Diesel Sponsor
What tools would you use to remove rust....Frame rust...Heavy rust.

Don't care if its chemical, hand tools, power tools.

Thoughts?

Knotted wire wheels on grinder, eye protection, maybe face protection. I wear glasses and am an ugly phucker anyhow so you know how that goes......

If it's there usually it's too late. Wire wheel the loose stuff and brush on por15. Never had much luck making it last when I sprayed it but I couldn't of done it wrong

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Go to Texas and buy a frame, then swap it all over.
Less hassle and maybe less cost, especially since 2nd gen frames in the real rust belt LOVE to rot by the transmission cross member, and just behind the front bumper horns.

Mark.

Anybody seen that rust removing Lazer system yet ?
Company called "Clean Lazer", and it's awesome. New model is CL-1000... Y'all should check it out. There are YouTube videos.

Less hassle and maybe less cost, especially since 2nd gen frames in the real rust belt LOVE to rot by the transmission cross member, and just behind the front bumper horns.

Mark.

This would be ideal wouldn't it LOL

Anybody seen that rust removing Lazer system yet ?
Company called "Clean Lazer", and it's awesome. New model is CL-1000... Y'all should check it out. There are YouTube videos.

Wonder what one of these costs

Mark.
Yup frame horns on mine are toast

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

He’d be the one to talk to on that deal.
I’ve seen near complete trucks less the axles for less than a grand down here lately.

I wouldn't be apposed considering the work involved with my 25 year old Kentucky/ Ohio frame.

Price would be the only factor.

Back