48re pan gasket

Red Sleeper

How does everyone get a 48re pan gasket to seal and not leak? I have a PML cast pan, OEM style gasket, but still leaks. Always has. Pan flange is flat, but maybe it needs to be sanded flat on a surface plate? Maybe this PML pan is garbage? Is there a better gasket?
I'm tired of leaving trans fluid drops wherever I park the truck.

Nick

Are you sure it's the gasket? I replaced the gasket on my 47RE twice before I figured out it was the top hat seal on the dipstick tube leaking.

Are you sure it's the gasket? I replaced the gasket on my 47RE twice before I figured out it was the top hat seal on the dipstick tube leaking.
Same. Still haven't replaced the seal.

Sometimes I use anaerobic sealer on the gaskets to help them out if I think the surfaces aren't planar

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Could also be a cooler line fitting where it comes out of the case or OD housing. Hopefully not a crack in your OD housing and it's just loose if that was it. Basically all leaks besides the input/output seal look like pan leaks on these guys.

Checked the dip stick tube gasket, it's dry and dusty. I resealed my cooling port adapters, those are not leaking. Looks like one of the hydraulic adapter fittings I added is leaking at the threaded connection, even though it's definitely tight. The pan gasket still seems to be the main leak.
I'm about to order a large sheet of sand paper and lap the sealing flange of this pan. I swear it's not flat. Even with the thick o-ring gasket, it still seeps fluid. Maybe I'll try a different pan. The stock pan didn't leak this much.

Seems I’ve read of different material gaskets for these pans but I can’t remember the info.

Mine looks to have a thick plastic gasket and it leaks pretty bad.

I got rid of my integral gasket, leaking POS. I used the soft one from the wix filter kit this last time

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back