'97 Cel

Bobus

Powerstroked
So my dads '97 F-Superduty has a glitch.. Truck has 68K miles, 5spd, Its chipped (Superchips Hard Chip) and the other day he was drivin down the road and it developed a miss, The miss then slowly got worse till it was hardly running. Tripped the CEL, and died. Fired right back up ran smooth for a few miles then did the same thing but my dad quickly tripped the key off/on, and it straightened out.. no more probs, no CEL for a few days. Went too drive it today and had the same problems.. Whats causing this?

Well, 94-98 year model powerstrokes are not "Superduty's", 99-03 Superduty's, dont know bout the CEL issue

Well, 94-98 year model powerstrokes are not "Superduty's", 99-03 Superduty's, dont know bout the CEL issue

Yeah, i know, But Ford Offered Whats Known as a F-Superduty (AKA F450) From '88ish to '97
IM000534.jpg

So my dads '97 F-Superduty has a glitch.. Truck has 68K miles, 5spd, Its chipped (Superchips Hard Chip) and the other day he was drivin down the road and it developed a miss, The miss then slowly got worse till it was hardly running. Tripped the CEL, and died. Fired right back up ran smooth for a few miles then did the same thing but my dad quickly tripped the key off/on, and it straightened out.. no more probs, no CEL for a few days. Went too drive it today and had the same problems.. Whats causing this?

can you post a couple pictures of the whole truck? thanks

Back