2011 head gasket problem

Cummins9912v

hey guys i recently replaced the head gasket on my 2011 because it was pushing coolant out of the overflow, so i pulled the head, had it cleaned, checked, and decked, as well as o-rings installed. on my end i cleaned the block surface with scotch brite, installed new hg bottom tapped and arp 625 studs. put new coolant in and bled through the allen head. once i started the truck it started doing the same thing after about 10 min of idle. i have pulled the thermostat out to eliminate that, put a different radiator cap on, and re bled the system with no change. truck is also egr,dpf deleted with single efi tune. thanks!

yes it is, i have not moved the truck. it only has maybe 30-40 min idle time, and one warm retorque on the head (130*F) sorry forgot to mention that in first post

Last edited:
I’d say you have a major issue then. Did you check the block to make sure it was true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

o-rings are at .008-.009 protrusion, block was not checked

Definitely should of checked the block! Sounds like it needs pulled apart and the deck of the block needs surfaced. Also o-rings are not necessary with a quality MLS gasket and 625 studs. Did you clean around the dowels good? Possible that it would not have let the head settle like it should.

just pulled the head back off, it appears to have been on the dowels correctly, #2 looks like there may be a 2" long crack in the cylinder? #4 cylinder exhaust port is wet on both the head and the exhaust manifold. gasket looked fine along with the crush area for the o-rings

Back