lost my dash/tail lights!

7inchstack

diesel dork
anyone no where i should start looking? last night all my dash lights went out, and my front and rear driving lights. i still have head lights and brake lights though. could it be my switch or are they hooked up to a fuse or relay?

switch it sounds like. My old 12 valve did the same thing, melted the switch and the parking lights didnt work.

switch it sounds like. My old 12 valve did the same thing, melted the switch and the parking lights didnt work.

Yep I agree..... I just replaced mine.. Make sure you get the switch & pig tail from dodge.. Just replacing the switch will only be a temp fix.. It was just north of a 100 dollar bill...

Yeah and there's usually a reason why it melts. If you're running any auxiliary lights off that circuit (visor lights, running lights, fog lights) it will overload the switch. Consider running them off a relay if you haven't already.

Yeah and there's usually a reason why it melts. If you're running any auxiliary lights off that circuit (visor lights, running lights, fog lights) it will overload the switch. Consider running them off a relay if you haven't already.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/recalls/819.htm You could have a point... I do have extra lights on my truck.. Every one of them are LED's witch draw very very little amperage.. My truck is not covered under the TSB above, but I know that the 94-98 have problems with the connector melting..

Back