diesel liberty

RAB 38

My friend has a diesel liberty that he has the SP programmer i think. Any way he is trying to get more boost out of it and he has plumbed the wastegate to stay open and when he hits 40 psi it goes into limp home mode. Has any one messed around with these to be able to get more boost? I am thinking he needs to figure out where the computer gets the reading from and either put a resistor in line or something.

I can't wait to see how long this thing stays together

My friend has a diesel liberty that he has the SP programmer i think. Any way he is trying to get more boost out of it and he has plumbed the wastegate to stay open and when he hits 40 psi it goes into limp home mode. Has any one messed around with these to be able to get more boost? I am thinking he needs to figure out where the computer gets the reading from and either put a resistor in line or something.

I can't wait to see how long this thing stays together

40 psi is on the verge of blowing it up any way, if the sp box was boost fooling correctly it would not go into limp mode. if you want to blow a gasket or bend a rod keep pushing her with that stock turbo on there at 40 psi.:bang

I don't believe the diesel liberity has a wastegate. It has a variable vane turbo and controls the vanes to limit boost. I sold mine a couple of months ago, or I would go look. If I remember correctly the SP module, only boost fools to a certain extent. If it totally boost fooled then the computer would not control the turbo to limit boost. You might want to try the boost fooler that Quadzilla makes for the Dodge pickups. I hate to think about that poor little turbo at 40 psi though... I had the striker module from Painless, which is a re-branded SP module, and it worked very well. I originally had the module from Edge, but on the highest settings it would shut the engine completely off after about 5 seconds at WOT. Edge tech support couldn't figure it out so I had to return it. Tried two different Edge modules on two different Liberities and had the same problem.

Paul

40 psi is on the verge of blowing it up any way, if the sp box was boost fooling correctly it would not go into limp mode. if you want to blow a gasket or bend a rod keep pushing her with that stock turbo on there at 40 psi.:bang

I have not seen the set up but its sounds to me like it has a manual wastegate so I think the box would not boost fool. There is no question that he is beyond the limits but that is not what I was asking, I was asking how you can manipulate the amount of boost on a Jeep Liberty:thankyou2:

I don't believe the diesel liberity has a wastegate. It has a variable vane turbo and controls the vanes to limit boost. I sold mine a couple of months ago, or I would go look. If I remember correctly the SP module, only boost fools to a certain extent. If it totally boost fooled then the computer would not control the turbo to limit boost. You might want to try the boost fooler that Quadzilla makes for the Dodge pickups. I hate to think about that poor little turbo at 40 psi though... I had the striker module from Painless, which is a re-branded SP module, and it worked very well. I originally had the module from Edge, but on the highest settings it would shut the engine completely off after about 5 seconds at WOT. Edge tech support couldn't figure it out so I had to return it. Tried two different Edge modules on two different Liberities and had the same problem.

Paul

Paul thanks for the feedback, I am not sure how it is set up I have never looked at it before so I do not know what type of turbo it has. He was telling me this over the phone and told him I would post and see if any one had been messing around with the Liberties. If it were a wastegate turbo then there may be something you could do like a elbow or something, I don't know

I have not seen the set up but its sounds to me like it has a manual wastegate so I think the box would not boost fool. There is no question that he is beyond the limits but that is not what I was asking, I was asking how you can manipulate the amount of boost on a Jeep Liberty:thankyou2:

Better electronics is the only thing you can do better. In this case a module that will boost fool at a higher level than what you have.

Mine pushes a good 20 psi of boost on a totally stock engine. well, no egr at leaset. I have only done the tranny and it hauls butte. I can't imagine this little thing pushing 40 psi and still staying on the road. Guess I am just used to the stability of my Dodge.
:)

Better electronics is the only thing you can do better. In this case a module that will boost fool at a higher level than what you have.
We offer our Extreme Power Puck (p/n P1030) for the Liberty CRD applications.
It gives you on the fly power adjustability for up to 50 extra HP at the wheels, and also acts as a boost fooling device...

Thanks
Mike

We offer our Extreme Power Puck (p/n P1030) for the Liberty CRD applications.
It gives you on the fly power adjustability for up to 50 extra HP at the wheels, and also acts as a boost fooling device...

Thanks
Mike

I would love to try one of those! Would the added power puke my transmission? I know the transmission is the weak link of the Liberty CRD. I love my Liberty, with the exception of the transmission, mainly because i prefer a manual transmission and this auto seems to "hunt" a lot between o/d, direct and lockup, unlock at around 60 mph.

I would love to try one of those! Would the added power puke my transmission? I know the transmission is the weak link of the Liberty CRD. I love my Liberty, with the exception of the transmission, mainly because i prefer a manual transmission and this auto seems to "hunt" a lot between o/d, direct and lockup, unlock at around 60 mph.
Gee, mine never does that. I would have that checked out if I were you. Doesn't sound right.

Does the diablo do anything for transmission tuning on the liberty? Same question for the new trinity on your website? Does the trinity come with a custom a-pillar mount for all different applications?

Gee, mine never does that. I would have that checked out if I were you. Doesn't sound right.

It does awesome on the highway, over 60 mph and if under 60, it does fine if I mash the "O/D off" button. I may be just over judging the thing because I really do not like automatic transmissions. it pulls great and I have had no problems with it so I really can't complain. I just wish we could get the 2.8L CRD engine in a Wrangler with a manual transmission.

Back