304 Stainless Intake Horn for under $250?

DTTStefan

I have had a thread on the TDR and have had some interest in a intake horn that a buddy has protyped for me and was wondering if anyone here is interested. There will be 3 different ones 94-98, 98.5-02, and 03-07. They will be made of 304 Stainless, will have a plate that is drilled and taped on the back side above the flange for boost gauge, nitrous or whatever you choose. Here is the link: www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/...3511-304-stainless-intake-plenum-200-a-3.html

Yeah, that's in the works, I'm also going to have the delete kit go from the square to a round transition, Just needed to get cost.

I would rather have a one piece intake horn that allows removal of the heater...not one that uses a seperate spacer.

do you have a production lead time?

Any thoughts on initial cost?

Do you need help with the transition piece (Solid Modeling)

that's a nice looking piece. What would be cool would be have it go from the manifold all the way to the IC. I would think the rubber boot at the IC would be enough to dampen and vibration ??

moto1.jpg

I made one out of stainless (very similiar) I like mine alot ,those should sell good and u guys have a nice price !!

Cliff, I am going to eliminate the base plate that has the square opening change that with a billet piece that has a round opening with an o-ring seal, no space, and build a taller horn for better arc/increase flow. I also think that it will look alot cleaner if the base has inserts for boost gauge, nitrous, etc. After pricing everything out I see no reason that the whole thing with base can't be around $300.

You will definately see a difference in the finished product. Although they could be cheaper if guys wanted cheap steel that was coated but why? Might as well use a high end material if it doesn't cost more in my opinion. Plus for $300 you also get the replacement base plate

DTTStefan said:
Cliff, I am going to eliminate the base plate that has the square opening change that with a billet piece that has a round opening with an o-ring seal, no space, and build a taller horn for better arc/increase flow. I also think that it will look alot cleaner if the base has inserts for boost gauge, nitrous, etc. After pricing everything out I see no reason that the whole thing with base can't be around $300.

Sounds promising. I know you have seen the other units on the market. IMO these are lacking attention to the real culprit of pressure drop....the grid heater...

No crossovers for guys running no intercoolers?

There's at least two of us out here! You could corner the market!

Back