6.7 tuning

08cummins

I'm sure it has been asked, is there any time frame when it will be available for the 6.7

Thanks for any info
Brian

it will be released when it's released...

ECM mapping and hex code isn't something where you can accurately estimate the exact pace of progress... you may get 90% of it done in two weeks and there may be 10% of it that takes you 8 months.

I mean, we all want it to come out, including EFI Live... but it's going to come out when it comes out

it will be released when it's released...

ECM mapping and hex code isn't something where you can accurately estimate the exact pace of progress... you may get 90% of it done in two weeks and there may be 10% of it that takes you 8 months.

I mean, we all want it to come out, including EFI Live... but it's going to come out when it comes out

Like button.

Just remember beta commencement and product release are two very different things.

Our travel plans include SEMA and PRI late this year, so development will halt while we are away.

Cheers
Cindy

Just some FYI for you guys new to EFILive. While Ross and crew are great guys that work hard to make the best product around hands down they are very busy and also do alot of gasser stuff not to mention duramax tuning. I'd learn to be very patient for major new updates, they will come but great things come to those who wait lol. I know in the duramax world I'v had to wait a very long time for several updates I had "heard" were coming out in just a month or so, 2 years later they showed up. Again not getting down on those guys it is what it is.

that's my point... I'm not taking away from any of the programming companies...

people want something NOW and keep asking for progress reports when they have NO idea what it actually takes, so all the vendors/tuning outfits can really say is "we're working on it" because if they got into specifics, it wouldn't make any sense to 99% of the people on the forums

projects are just that... nobody has a crystal ball, all they can do is project and guestimate what it's going to take to complete, and if it comes together quicker than projected, it's still not soon enough! LOL

The 6.7L (and other Cummins development) will be delayed slightly once GM's 2012 models hit the streets (which is any day now). Typically a model year change is when GM do all the major ECM changes which is a lot more work for us than the small incremental updates we see throughout the year.

What this means is for our existing workshop customers (talking gas here) it's important for them to get the jump on the new models and advertise "2012 Camaro Tuning Now", so we need to get the 2012 model updates done ASAP.
I appreciate nobody here probably cares about 2012 Camaro's and Corvette's etc, but we have to accommodate all our customers needs as best we can.

Whilst it's true some announced features can take a long time to reach the public we also have to weigh up the R&D time involved vs demand. Is there a need to spend a week developing a Nitrous modified operating system for a 2008 Chevy Malibu for one customer who asked? But that guy will tell others EFILive takes forever to get things done.
On the other hand in our next release we are coming out with a great new feature for the gas shops tuning the 6 speed TCM in the late model vehicles. That went from concept to reality in a day with no pre-announcement, so you never know what might just turn up in a release.

Cheers,
Ross

Back