More Fummins twins

9724VF350

Tractor Guy
Other than clocking, oiling, and making pretty, they're pretty much done.

Twins005.jpg

Twins004.jpg

Twins006.jpg

Twins003.jpg

Twins002.jpg

Twins001.jpg

I hope they fit in a 02 Superduty.

That v-band on the atmosphere charger is going to be close. Nice job on the hot pipe.

That v-band on the atmosphere charger is going to be close. Nice job on the hot pipe.

From what I understand the clamp is the tight spot. Hopefully it fits, if not we'll grind the v's down and TIG the elbow to the cover.

Looks really good! Where did you get the material for the hotpipe?

Mcmaster-Carr. Pipe weld elbows. Same as Roachies. Ebay flanges, misc spacers I had for the bolt stands.

Another question, is that MIG or ARC welded?

MIG. It's my cousins truck, so I've had him do all the work, I just get him the pieces, tell him what to do, and keep a eye on him.

Looks good!! what turbos?

HX35, S471 1.10

have you ran this set up before? If so how is spool up? reason i ask is because i also have a 12v in my 01 Super Duty and i am going to make my own twin set up soon. trying to gather up some info

Thanks,
Brad

Brad, FYI, the stratapore oil filter is part #72516556....in case you didn't know, and want the better filter?

Twins look nice!!!
Chris

have you ran this set up before? If so how is spool up? reason i ask is because i also have a 12v in my 01 Super Duty and i am going to make my own twin set up soon. trying to gather up some info

Thanks,
Brad

Nope, the HX was on the engine, the S471 was cheap. Have about $1000 in the whole deal. Figured we'd give it a try. I would imagine it would spool pretty good.

Brad, FYI, the stratapore oil filter is part #72516556....in case you didn't know, and want the better filter?

Twins look nice!!!
Chris

Thanks.

I've got those filters here, I always get this one out of habit. I should start going with the stratapore version.

It and others may end up with a adaptor like the one in sinner's picture. I think Summit's universal dual filter bases will take early Perkins filters. I like being able to use stuff that's always on the shelf. My truck, my excursion, and this truck have 2150 spin on fuel filter bases.

Do you know of any AGCO #'s for fass/airdog filters?LOL

Other than clocking, oiling, and making pretty, they're pretty much done.

Twins004.jpg

]

I hope they fit in a 02 Superduty.

The setup will perform better if you move the 3" to 4" boot to the secondary compressor and use 3" for the cold pipe instead of 4". The way you have it disrupts the velocity out of the primary. Bigger is not always better :poke:

Last edited:
Do you know of any AGCO #'s for fass/airdog filters?LOL

Well, I know an FS1000 is a 72515622

But one of the reasons I refuse to run a FASS/Airdog, is that they don't use a standard filter. I buy just a fuel pump, and run a standard filter base and run a FS1212/FS1000 (1212 is just shorter), and a FF5320

Also, I would agree with Greg about the cold pipe. I've seen better spool times with smaller cold pipes, and no noticeable loss in top end. Didn't think about it before, saw that AGCO filter and forgot!!
Chris

I'll change the cold pipe around, I used 4" because I have quite a few of those elbows around. Spool up is on top of the list for this one.

Back