'Raised Purse' for Open 2.6 Trucks - USA-EAST

rickFPP

Promoter USA-EAST
now that our schedule for 2014 is about 95% complete, i am happy to report that at least ten (10) of our USA-EAST pulls will pay a 'raised purse' for the Open 2.6 Diesel class. The 'Raised Purse' is paid at these pulls regardless if the pull is for USA-EAST Points and/or 'Buckeye Blackout' Points and/or NO points.

Raised Purse: 500 – 400 – 300 – 225 – 150 – 125 – 100 – 85 – 75 – 65 /

Pulls that pay the "Raised Purse' in 2014:

June 7 at Garrett County Fair in Deep Creek, Maryland
June 13 at Bloomsburg Fair in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
June 27 at Harvest Barn 'Smoke Out' in Sugarcreek, Ohio
July 5 at McKean County Speedway in East Smethport, Pennsylvania
July 20 at Bedford County Fair in Bedford, Pennsylvania
July 30 at Clearfield County Fair in Clearfield, Pennsylvania
August 12 at McKean County Fair in Smethport, Pennsylvania
August 15 at Jefferson County Fair in Smithfield, Ohio
August 31 at Great Geauga County Fair in Burton, Ohio
September 13 at Mercer Raceway Park in Mercer, Pennsylvania

the remaining twelve (12) pulls listed on our schedule will pay the normal purse this season. we are still working on additional hooks for the Open 2.6 class for 2014.

all events will use the rules of USA-EAST Sled Pulling as posted on our web site.

Well I just got a letter in the mail from the office of Richard. It rambles on about how full pull has there rules the way they are so that streetable trucks can run the class and that this is not a high priced professional class. I think there high on krokidil! When was the last time a street was did worth a damn in 2.6? I thought work stock was for street trucks. Last time I checked truck running water to air inter coolers, filled blocks, no rear brakes, hood stacks,solid suspensions with 1 leaf spring, bored and stroked motors and all the safety gear were not street trucks! 1100-1300 hp don't belong on the street. So why not make the rules equal to other organizations? If the rules are open and equal to others the spectators may get to see new truck not the same guys. Guys that pull with full pull would like to be able to pull other place but they can't bc there trucks are built to communist rules! Richard it would be nice of you could get off your high horse and open your eyes and ears to the people that are putting up the money to build these trucks so you can drive a huge totter home around! Thank you
Ds*bdh*:nail:

Amen, i got that letter, it was a good joke not sure why the stamp was wasted on me to drum up sponsership money for fpp and try to explain to me how 2.6 is suposed to be a strret class.

They are worried more about quantity rather than quality of the class. Supposedly when you go to a 2.6 event and there are 30 trucks and only 10 of them were professionally built for the class it apparently looks good to the fairs? I dunno you tell me. As said above, those street trucks have there own class. It's called work stock diesel and open street diesel. It's going to be interesting to see who all shows up at the first event of the season. I know who won't be there though... ;-)

There raising the purse trying to get a better turn out. It would be nice to to see all the drivers get together on this and not hook with full pull. They think they are the only ones that put pulls on east of the Mississippi River! Maybe then we would hear from Richard and something may be changed about there 2.6 street stock class. I don't understand whats so bad about running the same rules as another organization. Why does full pull gotta try to be different/ special? I guess my horse is high enough to see things from there level and there not gonna get off there high horse and lower them selfs to a truck pullers level. It must be a status thing I guess. So just don't attend there events or if ya do leave your truck on the trailer.

There raising the purse trying to get a better turn out. It would be nice to to see all the drivers get together on this and not hook with full pull. They think they are the only ones that put pulls on east of the Mississippi River! Maybe then we would hear from Richard and something may be changed about there 2.6 street stock class. I don't understand whats so bad about running the same rules as another organization. Why does full pull gotta try to be different/ special? I guess my horse is high enough to see things from there level and there not gonna get off there high horse and lower them selfs to a truck pullers level. It must be a status thing I guess. So just don't attend there events or if ya do leave your truck on the trailer.

^^^this^^^ x2!!!

In their defense, FPP has increased the purse almost every year that I can remember. Let's not be crying about an increase (even if you feel it's not enough). A lot of the other organizations in the area aren't even close to FPP payouts.

I was very puzzled about the wording in the letter, however....

Last edited:
The letter seemed to confuse a lot of people and just pissed others off even more. FPP feels they own the pullers. And when they refused to change rules in the RWYB class last year a couple pullers went East. Rick told them "you won't pull with anybody else" So they proved him wrong and did pull with somebody else. I will never understand the mentality of it all. Maybe I missed something along the way. :-(

And the venues paying out that kind of purse money will be found .........Where???
ones gonna be in your back yard....stay tuned, there even gonna let turbo rule slide for a pull to let the other guys test the waters...so to speak.

Last edited:
And the venues paying out that kind of purse money will be found .........Where???

Somewhere in one of these threads (or maybe PMs) someone won a 2.6 PPL event and got $750.....so they said.

I don't think every event that happens to be using PPL rules will be anywhere near that but who's to say until all the info is posted.

Last edited:
I'm not at all complaining about their money. They def make an effort to make the purse where it should be

Somewhere in one of these threads (or maybe PMs) someone won a 2.6 PPL event and got $750.....so they said.

I don't think every event that happens to be using PPL rules will be anywhere near that but who's to say until all the info is posted.

I won 750 at the pull in Pike ny. I think the dairy queen sponsored some money(like 100 bucks) for the class though...

phone

the hell with 100 bucks id have wanted some ice cream!

And the Dairy Queen princess ..between the 2 that'd be worth 100 Haha
e4eqy8at.jpg

phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392311267322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392311267322.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back