Happy St. Pats from a Newb

SeaPig53

Happy Saint Patrick’s day folks. New guy here from Houston.
My rig is an ‘08 F-450 with just 60K on the ODO. I bought the truck new in November of ‘07. DPF and EGR were removed in ‘17 at 50K and Spartan tuned when I moved to Texas and their “no emission testing of diesels” law. Imagine my excitement when I found out about that.
I run a mild 210 tow tune and baby the heck out of this vehicle.
I have already received some awesome advice here by reading a lot about the 6.4L even though most of the threads are pretty old.
I do my best to keep my eye on everything with an Edge insight. I keep the DashDaq XL put away in the gun safe afraid of messing it up as I am seeing them now being sold at the $700-$800 mark.
With maintenance I am pretty religious about it. My latest project was installing a spin on adaptor and filter for my FS-2500. If anyone out there has owned an external oil filter such as this, they know how messy the old canister type filter was.
My next project is a FASS 165GPH, dropping and cleaning the tank, and bypassing Fords frame mounted fuel pump.
Thank you for having me here.

Sounds like a solid rig. I do like that body style even though most lean toward the next generation.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

That and for the 6.7L. I did not like that they rounded the duelly fenders.
I also found it sad that they took away the 10 lug and made the 450 look like the 350. It was good to see the 10 lugs come back in later years.

Back