reg cab chasis setup

ok I could only hang 1600 last year in our 8k class, but our rules stated full interior and bed. Also moved my water tank from the bed to the weight bar this year so that should give me some extra help this year too.

I was just thinking and looking for your guys opinion. Would it be better to go to 1/2 ton springs or better to heat a coil or 2 on the 3/4 ton springs to lower them? Have you ever had any front axle hopping problems with the 1/2 ton springs?

Anyone one have some pics of any bracing to the rear end from the back of the truck? Would doing something like help maybe?

Last edited:
You need some spring rate above your bump stop or most likely you will never be able to make your hitch long enough to lift the nose enough to not hop. I ran into this problem last year while setting up my coilovers. I didn't have enough preload to get it off the bump stop. I gave it more preload and the hop went away. The 3/4 ton spring setup would be best if you could achieve the ideal .75 - 1.5" of lift off the stop and be topped out at your spring height. With the 1/2 ton spring you may find you will have to run your hitch out farther to get the lift u need. 2¢

I contacted him, he was gonna get me some pictures but never heard anything back from him. Or you could just share some info..... Haha

Last edited:
What kind of info would you like?..... My hitch sits just below the frame rails and my rear springs are pulled down. I'm not sure of the user name, but I think it's takedown95 (?) that had a pic of a adjustable 3rd link that ran from the very rear of the frame to the axle to keep the frame from flexing behind the rear stops. On mine, I have a bar (2x2) from the rear corner of the frame going to the crossmember to keep it from flexing down. btw what are the rubber o-rings on a Haisley shock used for?

Not exactly sure, maybe to tell how much it actually lifts? If if give you my number could you txt me some pictures?

In my opinion a conventional draw bar is only good for 4x2 rigs to help with nose lift and maintain wheel lift. As the chain angle will always match the drawbar angle. Hence the need for drawbar angle rules. Building a hybrid of the two is the only good reason to switch in my opinion. Something that has easy adjustability so you can quickly make a change and reduce the weight out back.

Like this. Just wondering if it would take to much flex out of the frame where the truck wont hook at good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
Back