575 HP stock motor LB7?

Tyler texted me this morning and said his transfer case was shot both sides were junk, all the bearings were bad, and the chain was slacked. The guy that is rebuilding it said he was surprised it moved at all.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

why do you say the big head does nothing i noticed a big difference when i put it on. best ive done so far is 550/1147 stock charger, stock sticks with a stock lly cp3, fass 150. the record i want to see is highest hp stock engine and charger, im starting to realize its a small title to have and might not even get in diesel power with that title.

why do you say the big head does nothing i noticed a big difference when i put it on. best ive done so far is 550/1147 stock charger, stock sticks with a stock lly cp3, fass 150. the record i want to see is highest hp stock engine and charger, im starting to realize its a small title to have and might not even get in diesel power with that title.

The most that bighead does is increase drive pressure. You need to decrease drive pressure to make power.

I found out a bighead really doesnt do as much as using a boost valve, and its a bigger SOB to adjust. It was a waste of $125 for me.

My lb7 has laid down 549 on hollers dyno stock sticks stock c fass 150 EFI built trans. It laid 547 down on Industrials dyno. I since changed turbo direct pipe, & gonna have ppe manifolds, up pipes, lmm mod cp3 & 60% sticks to give it another try. Will post my results.

For what it's worth the truck this thread was started for ran a 12.6 in the quarter a couple weeks ago. It's getting gears and lots of other goodies for pulling season this year so I don't think it will get to go on the rollers for another shot at 575hp.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

I laid down 650rwhp on the stock motor. Had a GT4094,30%ers,Wicked stageIII CP3,built trans & AD150. It was drove hard daily,pulled ALOT,WON alot. Dmaxtuner tuned it,it lasted over 2 years. One day just driving down the road,knock,knock. The #7 rod bent bad & cracked the piston. But that short block was fixed & is still running in another truck today! They can be tougher than some think.

Back