500-600 fun daily driver

Vinny27

I’m getting ready to start ordering more parts for my 95 and I’m not sure what to get for a turbo. My goal is for a fun daily that I can “race” and keep up with my friends in their cars with. So far all I’ve done is a 4in exhaust and 60lb over valve springs and 4gsk on the way. From the research I’ve done I think I want a 63/68/14SXE or a 64/73/12SXE but most of the threads I’m finding are at least 5 years old so some newer input would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My trucks a 5 speed and it’s got 4.10’s, currently 33’s and going with 35’s soon.

I'm in the same boat just picked up a 98 ext cab long bed 12v. Need to rebuild the trans but it has a 369 on it that's pushing oil and a cracked t3 ats 3 piece. Been trying to decide whether or not to go with another t3 or t4 and thinking I'm goona get one of westons drop ins if I stay t3. If not a s364.5sx3. It's got built bottom end, 5x15s, 4ks, said it had delivery valves but not sure on size.

Last edited:
Being a manual, I would lean towards a t3 gated to retain some low end torque. a s362 or s363 would get you in that range. I would not rule out stock appearing chargers either. Stock appearing units do extremely well in that range.
A quality set of 5x14s will do well. Your 160 pump may need some love to help you get there. I never had much luck with a stock ish 160 without turning the barrels or getting it maxed and balanced. 19-21* of timing is a good range to start with as well! Be aware nv's are not big fans of rowing gears and 600 horsepower. Counter shafts and other parts tend to break.

Back