Common rail into 2007 chevy/duramax

PRINCETON_JAKE

I have a 2007 (new body style) chevy, and a mild built 2006 cummins with stand alone harness and Cummins ECM.

I really want to drop it into the Chevy but my issue is controlling the Allison. Being the Allison is already designed for the home it’s in, I’d like to somehow keep the factory TCM and all wiring. I reached out to ATS because of their sweet new Allison conversions for the ram trucks, but they weren’t any help. I have not contacted CA conversions yet, but I have to believe someone here’s put a cummins into a newer Chevy already equipped with the Allison (I’m only finding square body swaps).

Is there a way I can tie into the Cummins ecm or sensors and get everything tuned, is there people/companies doing it? Worse case I could stack ECMs and piggy back the duramax ecm, add a crank pickup/tone wheel, temp sensors ect… I’m not sure what all the Allison uses for input from the engine

I’m going on a limb, but I’m assuming defuel shifting isn’t going to be possible?

Idk if you wanna go this route but Jason at transmission tuner is an option, but his setup is fully standalone. You run his allison tcm he supplies along with his harness. If you give him a call I'm sure he'd be up for answering what all the options are, he's a great guy to work with. He has mine setup for full fuel locked shifts once 2nd gear comes on.

Back