custom tunes

hpprose

In the Dark
Ok, I guess after seeing a few of the guys on here making some serious dyno numbers I need to ask. How much for custom tunes? How many tunes are included for that price? I'm currently running a livewire for my transmission and a Quadzilla 110 box. I'm looking to get rid of the Quadzilla because I need more.

Here are the specs on my truck.

2004 Ford F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 6.0 automatic 4x4

Performance Mods:

Factory intake (I have others but this one dynos higher)
CFM + large mouth intake elbow
Elite Diesel Ported intake manifold
Elite Diesel Ported heads
Elite Diesel Ported Exhaust manifold
Magnaflow 4" exhaust
Liberator Performance EGR and EGR cooler delete (I need my light turned off)
ARP Head Studs
Sun Coast Transmission Built 5R110 with Billet input shaft
Quadzilla 110 module
SCT transmission tunes

Mods in the next month or so:
Custom twin turbo set up - shooting for 500 hp
Custom regulated fuel system
Possibly a new intercooler

Note: Stock injectors.
Depending on how the stories I’m working on turn out, I will probably be swapping them out around September or maybe a little later.

You can put all the turbo in the world, but it won't matter on stock fuel.

I think I've just about reached the pinnacle of where you can go on stock fuel. The stock turbo is more than good enough to keep up with stock fuel for sure...if you watch my dyno run putting down 446rwhp you won't see one drop of smoke...turbo is eating it all up.

If you put turbos on stock fuel you most likely won't gain any power. There was a guy down dyno'n with us with a Bean's turbo and he put up less HP than I did.

What I'm doing next is what you should do next. Save money on turbos and spend it on fuel. I'm ordering bigger injectors and a fuel pump to back up the stocker. That will make power.

I think it's normally $150 for unlimited tuning, or it used to be. I've run others tunes and DJ's are the fastest and strongest I've put in my truck thusfar.

OK, found the 150 on their site. Thanks HD.

What type of horsepower increase are you guys normally seeing?
What about the race programs, what hp increase is normal?

Every vehicle is different. Some get more than others. I don't really think there is a formula that can tell you how much you are going to get.

I can tell you that my truck has 4" lift and runs on 35" tires and runs in the 13's on the track...that makes me happy. That's what it's about...making people go fast and be happy.

I personally am not a big dyno fan...to me it's proven on the track or the street...that's where the HP matters.

Every vehicle is different. Some get more than others. I don't really think there is a formula that can tell you how much you are going to get.

I can tell you that my truck has 4" lift and runs on 35" tires and runs in the 13's on the track...that makes me happy. That's what it's about...making people go fast and be happy.

I personally am not a big dyno fan...to me it's proven on the track or the street...that's where the HP matters.

I agree but also disagree. The dyno is good for references. I have talked to a couple people and they can do a custom tune that usually gets the truck up to 138 hp over stock. I'm not looking to stick anyone with the "Well you said this and I got that" but they should know approximately what they can do.

Your truck is nice, but your dyno isn't high enough for me. There are things I'm doing and trying to do that I don't want to get into right now. But the bottom line is that we are working on hp two totally different ways.

You could contact Jody or Diana at DP Tuners for some really sweet tunes.

I got a economy 60hp tune for my 7.3PSD in my work van. In talking with guys over at the Ford forum... they'd never even heard of that small a tune.

My point being... at well over 10K it will light the tires with that tune. Not only that but, I gained 2 to 3 MPG ! I couldn't imagine what the 150hp tunes would do !

Damn dude, am I in the wrong place or something?? I could have sworn I was in the DJ's diesel performance forum...:hehe:

You say you have a 60HP tune...how do you know it's a 60HP tune? Did you dyno it?? Lot's of vendors out there will send you a 120HP tune when you ask for a 60HP tune so they'll do like you are doing and go out and brag about how strong a little 60HP tune is...I'm not saying that's the case, but it wouldn't be the first time it happened...

Anyhow, any of the people that work at DP tuner are more than welcome to send some tunes to me. I'll go to the dyno and run them against DJ's tunes, but I assure you his will win...afterall he put down 446rwhp on basically exhaust and chip in my truck and that's the highest anyone's dyno'd on stock sticks and turbo with the mods I have.

I agree but also disagree. The dyno is good for references. I have talked to a couple people and they can do a custom tune that usually gets the truck up to 138 hp over stock. I'm not looking to stick anyone with the "Well you said this and I got that" but they should know approximately what they can do.

Your truck is nice, but your dyno isn't high enough for me. There are things I'm doing and trying to do that I don't want to get into right now. But the bottom line is that we are working on hp two totally different ways.

I can understand your point about a dyno being good for reference...and that's true as long as you go to the same dyno and have the same calibration.

Currently my tune is 172rwhp over stock. That's with stock sticks and turbo.

Exactly how high are you wanting to dyno?? I have stock sticks and turbo as I stated. Basically I'm running on exhaust and tuner and no one has dyno'd as high as me with the same mods. That says something for the tuning right there.

As I stated before though you won't go further than 450 without either nitrous or more fuel. It will have to be one or the other...I would seriously suggest against twins on stock fuel...you are basically shooting yourself in the foot because you don't have near enough fuel. I'm going to be running the stock turbo with 190's and a big pump...I should break over 500rwhp like that.:rockwoot:

Anyhow, any of the people that work at DP tuner are more than welcome to send some tunes to me. I'll go to the dyno and run them against DJ's tunes, but I assure you his will win...afterall he put down 446rwhp on basically exhaust and chip in my truck and that's the highest anyone's dyno'd on stock sticks and turbo with the mods I have.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest, but I have see more than 446 with your mods.

Now, lets let DJ or their crew answer questions in their forum.

As for Triton, this is DJ's forum. If DP will support CompetitionDiesel, then let them spend the money and pay for it. I'm in DJ's area because I'm interested in DJ's tunes. I have been around for a while and I have tested many others. I'm just interested in DJ's stuff here.

As for Triton, this is DJ's forum. If DP will support CompetitionDiesel, then let them spend the money and pay for it. I'm in DJ's area because I'm interested in DJ's tunes. I have been around for a while and I have tested many others. I'm just interested in DJ's stuff here.

I'm very sorry DJ... I didn't realize it was a vendors forum. I just read the post about a tune and new DP also did Ford tuning. I also thought they were friends of CompD.. it seemed that way in Commerce anyway. No offense intended.

It's difficult to say because you have and are installing parts that we don't know how they will work together. We know what our recommended setup will produce and how to make the most of it.

Shaun did dyno 446 with ARP headstuds, a Looney tune and our FUEL+. We expect he would be well over 500hp with his dry nitrous setup. He is also installing Casserly 190cc injectors. We expect he will see over 500hp with the injectors and without the nitrous.

Please feel free to call us if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Vivian

I'm very sorry DJ... I didn't realize it was a vendors forum. I just read the post about a tune and new DP also did Ford tuning. I also thought they were friends of CompD.. it seemed that way in Commerce anyway. No offense intended.

They are friends of ours Ty, as well as DJ and Viv's, but friends is friends and bidness is bidness LOL

well I tell ya... I'm sorry I ever made that post. I clicked the link from the main page and read that he was wondering about tunes. not realizing when clicked that link it was the vendors forum, is the reason I posted what i did. Believe me.... I know how forums are and thought about it before linking to the other company. I assumed they were supporters and figured it was ok to do.

I imagine it seemed pretty damn rude of me to do be really...
I was only tryin' to help. To top it off though.... I get crap talked about me in the recycle bin. Geezzzz man !

You won't ever be sorry with one of DJ and Vivs tunes Chad. Great product, great folks.

Yeah, that's what I hear, I totally believe it; that's why I'm here asking for more info.

I'm just curious on what the typical hp increase is with DJ's programming. I talked to one guy and he said he usually gets 138 hp our of most trucks. I know each truck is different and the upgrades that everyone installs are always going to affect things a little differently. I'm just curious about a good ball park hp increase most get.

As you know Tim, I'm not the normal user and I have a ton of stuff coming up. We just worked out a couple deals and I'm trying to find the best stuff around. I have been talking to Tadd for quite a while and I know he wants me to try out a few tunes, but I figured that I could talk to DJ to find a little more info before I actually do anything.

Yeah, that's what I hear, I totally believe it; that's why I'm here asking for more info.

I'm just curious on what the typical hp increase is with DJ's programming. I talked to one guy and he said he usually gets 138 hp our of most trucks. I know each truck is different and the upgrades that everyone installs are always going to affect things a little differently. I'm just curious about a good ball park hp increase most get.

As you know Tim, I'm not the normal user and I have a ton of stuff coming up. We just worked out a couple deals and I'm trying to find the best stuff around. I have been talking to Tadd for quite a while and I know he wants me to try out a few tunes, but I figured that I could talk to DJ to find a little more info before I actually do anything.

if you have any questions fill free to call me my cell 306 582 0136 shop 352 528 0688.

dj

Back