cat 3208 in a pickup

swhite59

does anyone have info on parts to swap a 3208 into a chevy or ford (adaptor plates, bell housing, etc). Before yall start to laugh too hard, keep in mind that the motor is free and it runs, it will be a sled puller, just for good times sake

i didnt think about that.we might have a mid 80's chevy cab/chassis from the local vfd. its got a 454 in it right now, i thought they were somewhat close in size

i didnt think about that.we might have a mid 80's chevy cab/chassis from the local vfd. its got a 454 in it right now, i thought they were somewhat close in size
i have no clue man i never looked at it close could have been some poor ingenuinity

to be honest i havent either. havent even thought it out yet. just had a friend call me today and said he missed out on a 78 ford, but he found out about the chevy.

I've seen one years ago in a mid 70's one ton ford. It was full from one end to the other. They had the regular four speed trans hooked to it. He said it would slip the clutch if you hammered on it to hard with a load. This was back in the mid 80's when this truck was around town.

The 3208 is big & heavy too. Find some good rod bolts, like ARP. The size will be the issue in a pickup. If it's gonna be a sled puller, then chop whatever is in the way. They generally came with an SAE #2 bellhousing, so trans choices will be limited(for size not strength). They can spin pretty high rpm for being 10.4 litres too, 3200 isnt a problem. You'll have to fab the turbo mount and plumbing, since Cat put them on the rear of the engine valley.

im tryin to pick up a 3114 from school. they are talkin about getting new engine's to rebuild for the engine's class since these have been used for a couple years. if i can talk my instructor into lettin me have one im gonna snag it. not sure what id do with it seeing as how i dont have anything to put it in but what the hell why not ya know.

i'm not too worried about fitting. if nothing else we'll drink a little and fire up the torch. I dont guess you happen to know which trans will fit behind them that are sturdy

There's plenty that will hold up, the trick is fitting it inside frame rails. For Allison, an MT643 or 653, or MD3060 if you want overdrive. For a manual, a good one is an RT or RTO610, 6610, 613, 6613. There's also some FS models that fit, but I cant remember the numbers. I'm kinda green on the bigger manuals myslef.

if that ol chevy dont work out, there's a 86 i believe, ford single cab dually over at 281 express, the shop beside where i work, He was asking 800 but heard he'll take 500. And You may be able to talk to mark willis and he can build you a adapter plate, he's working on building a ford cummins plate

i'm not too worried about fitting. if nothing else we'll drink a little and fire up the torch. I dont guess you happen to know which trans will fit behind them that are sturdy

i talked to my cat shop teacher and he said you could get an allison or and eaton 6 or 7 speed

he also said you would have no problem fitting in between the framerails of an old 70 or 80's model chevy. you just need to have a good welder to make some engine mounts

i am going to school for cat so i can look any kind of info up on our repair networks

info is always good especially since i havent been around a lot of cat motors. is that dually a 4x couldnt tell driving by since im usually going 9-0

Back