Oil Pan Question and Wtf moment

It's not the length of the bolts that concerns me. I want the clamp load distribution from the additional plates.

I really want to use this pan since it's color matched.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
7edea6330bd10f0e9e9afd5f4aeb7e5b.jpg

Last edited:
Does the pan leak? I used a 6.7 pan which had supports all the way around. And for the gasket I used the pink one with the blue silicone gasket printed on it from cummins. I didn't put any gasket dealer or rtv on it besides the four corners were the front timing cover and rear main housing met and I have zero leaks so far after 2k miles. Bolts torque'd to 18 ftlbs
4812465f6133b99062c02be0f1051928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchu got going on with that oil fitting setup?

biggy make sure you check to make sure you haven't cracked any of the bolt bosses in the aluminum. Especially the rear main seal plate. I've seen those crack before when longer bolts were used.

biggy make sure you check to make sure you haven't cracked any of the bolt bosses in the aluminum. Especially the rear main seal plate. I've seen those crack before when longer bolts were used.
Yuck, will do. We were talking today about whether or not to try and thread-sert the rear.

Find me some backing plates

Please

It looks like they dumped the #s for a new pan #

Find a junk/rotted 6.7 pan and knock them off. You can do it fairly easly with a small drill and a screwdriver. I have done this before when a customer supplied their own pan and it turned out to be a 5.9 pan without the rails

Back