HID lamps flicker

been running a pair of HID retro-fitted lamps since May ish with no issues. Mid-September my low beams began to flicker on and off when the trucks running, just like these trucks do when you don't run a anti-flicker setup. I have ground off the paint around my ground points and put zip ties around all connections.
The issue is only affecting low beams, not high beams.
Running the below items through Lightwerkz.net

Mopar Spec harness
https://lightwerkz.net/collections/wire-harnesses/products/mopar-spec-h13-9008-bi-xenon-harness

Ballasts
https://lightwerkz.net/collections/hid-systems/products/amp-hyluxtek-hylux-2a88-35w-canbus-ballasts

The ballasts are the only things left that I didn't swap out. don't know if that could be the culprit or not?
Lightwerkz customer service sent me a new Harness and it didn't change the problem.

has anyone seen an issue like this? electrical BS is my weakest and least favorite item to deal with.

Last edited:
A bad ballast can definitely cause that issue. Typically in my experience more prevalent in OEM applications, but I have heard of aftermarket ones doing the same.

That's the last piece of the puzzle that I haven't messed with since I put them on originally. Could 1 randomly go bad all of a sudden? swapping them around wouldn't make a difference would it?

That's the last piece of the puzzle that I haven't messed with since I put them on originally. Could 1 randomly go bad all of a sudden? swapping them around wouldn't make a difference would it?

As with most electrical, it sure can just go bad suddenly for sure. Probably would be the best course of action. If it is indeed the ballast, then switching them from one side to the other should see the problem follow...

replaced the ballasts with 2 new ones.

still low beam flickers.

could there be a problem with my passenger side factory harness where the new harness is plugged into?

i might attemp to swap everything over to the driver side to see if its the same result or not.

i put back in my original smoked lamps and led bulbs with resistors and had no issues with flickering.

Back