08 F450 KR Twin Turbo 12v Swap.

khaoskustoms

Here’s some pics of our new tow rig. Retired my old 98 2wd dually dodge and swapped the heart and trans into a 2008 F450.
ad8da7b93c210328d4c36ee605649281.jpg

55b57715e1a4d10bcb2cf2e7ca3c87ec.jpg

810eb483cc8bbe5e7f8130154e622a5b.jpg

4c099f4e68186a72a280eb8c756cf6d9.jpg

dd8812cd4d30670b3808066d0260c5b3.jpg

20cc9202a92990e73830318883736d6e.jpg

a76c5e5e06c6af93a1c884f1fd934c0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it.
Did you have any fitment issues with the twins?

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

I like it.
Did you have any fitment issues with the twins?

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

They fit pretty good. I feel twins fit better in this chassis then the older 6.0 trucks. Lease heater box to worry about lol.

Will be working on the cruise soon. Plan is to have working cruise control.

If the truck was not a manual originally, a few have had success with flashing the PCM to a manual configuration. Then you can remove the existing TCM and only require a few simple sensor inputs to have cruise function.

How do you think it will be working on those compounds? ? I have my 08 f350 I'm getting ready to swap. I love the compunds torque for towing but not sure if I'm going to just stick with a single or try to make some compunds fit.

If the truck was not a manual originally, a few have had success with flashing the PCM to a manual configuration. Then you can remove the existing TCM and only require a few simple sensor inputs to have cruise function.

This truck was originally an auto. I have removed the tcm and flashed it with a manual trans file. Hopefully the cruise is simple lol.

How do you think it will be working on those compounds? ? I have my 08 f350 I'm getting ready to swap. I love the compunds torque for towing but not sure if I'm going to just stick with a single or try to make some compunds fit.

The couple test drives I’ve done with so far it’s shown a lot of potential. 50psi boost total. 1200 degrees egt’s tops towing my 11,000lbs mobile dyno up a slight grade.

This truck was originally an auto. I have removed the tcm and flashed it with a manual trans file. Hopefully the cruise is simple lol.

That's a nice build! What did you use to flash the PCM? PM if you don't want to say on the open forum.

That's a nice build! What did you use to flash the PCM? PM if you don't want to say on the open forum.

I'm interested in this as well, as one of the issues I have with my 08 F350 swapped 6.7 cummins zf-6(was an auto), is the pcm after 4mph doesn't see the tcm and freaks out and wont turn it self off and kills the battery overnight. Was a fun one to track down. From what I have read with HP tuners you should be able to flash or get rid of the TCM all together just haven't tried it yet as I have tought my self to just cycle the key after I shut it off it will then power down the PCm relay.

As for cruise, that's easy. Check out this product this is what I used on my swap for now.

SwapHelper.com Cruise Helper | swaphelper

With the TCM removed, the H&S Blackmaxx that was in the truck recognized it as a manual and let me flash in a manual file. I then read it out with HP tuners and went through all the codes relating to the missing powerstroke. Flashed in my updated tune and no check engine light!

Also attached some current pics of the truck. Latest mod was some paint matched headlights with a HID projector for Hi/Low.

Attachments

• Fummins Pic1.jpg
    Fummins Pic1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Fummins Headlights.jpg
    Fummins Headlights.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Fummins Headlights Closeup.jpg
    Fummins Headlights Closeup.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was looking at going the hp tuners route. Good to hear it will work