47rh fummins

gwhammy

I'm working on a 2010 super duty putting a ve 12 valve in it. In my 09 I used the 5r110 but I'm really looking at putting a 47rh in this one. It's basically going to be a driver and after fighting the other one I'd like to have simple on this one. Anyone done this.

I'm working on a 2010 super duty putting a ve 12 valve in it. In my 09 I used the 5r110 but I'm really looking at putting a 47rh in this one. It's basically going to be a driver and after fighting the other one I'd like to have simple on this one. Anyone done this.
Yeah. From a hardware stand point, Cut a new slot to the exhaust side of the trans cross member, maybe an 03 trans mount ( I will need to look), and change the input shaft on the Tcase. Also will need a bracket to mount the ford shift cable to the bell housing, and a 48re shift lever.
Should be in my build thread.

The PRNDL relies on a resistor tree switch inside the 5R. There is no way to cleanly get that functional without building some electronics. I sort of did with some help but I never made it work permanently. The biggest issue there is losing reverse lights and inability to shift to 4lo if you have an electronic Tcase.

You could use the 3 wire switch in the RH transmission, build a circuit with the resistance for R, N and P and hook it to the wire for the indicator. I just never did.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I can't say I hate the 5sp. ford trans it just the computer seems like it's on drugs. It never seems to do the same thing twice. Driving without a trailer real easy it works great, put a trailer on and you have to shift by hand if you want it to work somewhat right.

The rh in my 94 works great everytime, shifts firm and locks up firm. It just seems like a easier cheaper alternative that's dependable to me. I even thought about using the dodge transfer case with a manual shifter. Drive shafts aren't really a problem to build.

I didn't have to modify the shaft length with the 273F

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back