hx35 on a 5000?

JDPlowboy

I have a ford 5000 that already has a turbo kit on it and i was wondering if anybody has tried a hx35 on one? I got a couple spares layin around and figured i would try it and find out. So far all i can think of is an adaptor for manifold to the exhaust on turbo.. then get oil tube adaptors and then the exhaust... trying to wrap my head around an idea on the exhaust but im sure i can think one up.. and i will probbly just put a cone air filter on front of it. Oh and im doing this mainly to pull at the local pulls in 7500# class. anybody else have an idea?

i have a 4000, i get 6-7psi w/ a hx35, and 12psi w/ a hy35. turned up cav, and mack nozzles. i need to work on the rpms though.

Ya im pretty sure it would work out pretty good.. pwrsroken what did you have to do to get manifold to mate up with turbo?

Ya im pretty sure it would work out pretty good.. pwrsroken what did you have to do to get manifold to mate up with turbo?

well... it would prob make a lil better boost if i got it sealed better, but put a piece of 3" down over it and clamped it and made a t3 flange to weld on the other end. leaks some around where its clamped. i dont leave the turbo on all the time so i wanted it to come off easy. lol it doesnt even fit under the hood. i made a sheet metal hood for it lol.

could you post some mroe pictures of your setup on the 4000? and what is the difference in the mack nozzles, I have my CAV pump turned up and was thinking of getting the stock nozzles extrude honed. thanks

could you post some mroe pictures of your setup on the 4000? and what is the difference in the mack nozzles, I have my CAV pump turned up and was thinking of getting the stock nozzles extrude honed. thanks

the mack nozzles are for a 237 mack. they are 5x.010 and are a great match for a cav or even a 9mm simms. they will need pop tested after the nozzles cause the nozzles raise the pop off pressure by 500psi. ill try to get some better pics soon, i had a couple more but the link wont work for them. o and the mack nozzles are only about $15 ea.

Does the nozzels spray into the bowls correctly? What has to be done to be pop tested? Or tuned , Could you give any info or pics as possible I would really apprecitate it like the oil feed and drain and anything else that maybe useful thanks lots

you just have to have an injection shop check them, nothing to it. they work fine, have been being used for many years. for the oil feed i just got it from the port where the factory pressure sensor goes. here are some pics.

Where did you get those mack 237 nozzels? How Much power do you think you are making now with the turbo, nozzels, and CAV pump turned up? 10Hp over stock? Does the tractor run better with the HY35 or the HX35? thanks alot for the pics

its prob a good 10 or a hair more without the turbo. the hy is much better. i also have the timing advanced 6 degrees and worked on the gov saturday and it will spin over 3k now. i actually got my nozzles from columbus diesel supply. the know the exact one right off. also got some for a buddy from a local injection shop. o that drain, i drilled a hole in that plate and brazed a lil piece of tubing to it.

Id like to see this! We have a 5000 in the shop right now and it's a neat little tractor! I like the trans behind it, dont know if it would hold up but I like how the gears shift haha

a nozzle out of an 886 mack are a touch bigger DLLA155S490 5x12 if i remember right but just like the 237 nozzle they will put you out of the cup

Man I wish those 4000 pictures come out bigger, that's something I'd enjoy doing on my ole Ford.

-Dustin-

I have a ford 5000 that already has a turbo kit on it and i was wondering if anybody has tried a hx35 on one? I got a couple spares layin around and figured i would try it and find out.

As I mentioned in first post The smallest Turbos I had were hx35's besides what was already on tractor. I put the hx35 on and it worked great after I played with pump some.

Back