Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 06:36 AM   #21
iride813

Name: iride813
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Is that a manual willwood master cylinder? Been looking into doing something with mine. If it is do you happen to remeber which one you used and how hard it was like any adapters or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-01-2019, 06:45 AM   #22
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Also. Did you make those upper a arms?

Old 02-01-2019, 09:03 AM   #23
Vincejax

Name: Vincejax
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iride813 View Post
Is that a manual willwood master cylinder? Been looking into doing something with mine. If it is do you happen to remeber which one you used and how hard it was like any adapters or anything.

Yes wilwood part # 261-13270. I removed and re-did the entire stock firewall, in part because I had to move my pedals 3.5" to the left because I had interference with inj pump and accelerator pedal. You might have to patch your firewall and add new holes for it. I haven't driven the truck yet, but if braking is very difficult I will adjust the pedal ratio. I shortened and used the stock rod from the pedal to the piston.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:04 AM   #24
Vincejax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Also. Did you make those upper a arms?

No, entire front end suspension, subframe and steering is from a 2004 ram 1500 2wd.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:12 AM   #25
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincejax View Post
Yes wilwood part # 261-13270. I removed and re-did the entire stock firewall, in part because I had to move my pedals 3.5" to the left because I had interference with inj pump and accelerator pedal. You might have to patch your firewall and add new holes for it. I haven't driven the truck yet, but if braking is very difficult I will adjust the pedal ratio. I shortened and used the stock rod from the pedal to the piston.

Alright man thanks. I rigged up the stock one to run as manual. I haven’t tested it yet. I feel like it’s gonna be a bit to aggressive but will have to see.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:17 AM   #26
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
I could steer it lock to lock sitting still on concrete with his big temporary front tires on it. I'm sure the engine setback weight had alot to do with that, but still impressed with the rack steering setup.

No power steering needed.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #27
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
That engine set back is phucking sick!

Old 02-04-2019, 07:35 PM   #28
Vincejax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie View Post
That engine set back is phucking sick!
Everyone acknowledges these trucks have a weight problem when it comes to racing...but they have an even bigger weight distribution problem. I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but I am hoping for much improved 60' and better handling and traction the whole way down the track. At full weight before any reduction my scsb truck had 75%F/25%R weight distribution. Before the engine setback I had it to 66%F/33%R. The goal now is I can move fuel cell/battery around and get close to a 50/50 or whatever works out best.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #29
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Did you gut the bed?

Old 02-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #30
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
and you can still shed some weight with a hole saw if you are not building a tubular front core support .......

Old 02-06-2019, 06:24 AM   #31
Vincejax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie View Post
and you can still shed some weight with a hole saw if you are not building a tubular front core support .......
Definitely a lot more weight that can be cut. Still has steel rims, drum brakes, full bed, could remove rear crossmembers and put chromoly tube instead. I also still have a big trailer hitch on it!

Old 02-09-2019, 07:52 PM   #32
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Definitely a lot more weight that can be cut. Still has steel rims, drum brakes, full bed, could remove rear crossmembers and put chromoly tube instead. I also still have a big trailer hitch on it!
mine has a hitch too. Although she's quite a bit larger.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #33
Vincejax

Member`s Gallery
Update: Went and did my ring seat/finished engine break in on a loaded dyno. 5 pulls at 370cc of fuel and 28* timing. Engine spun quick up to 5100 rpm on the final run, stopped around 4500-4600 on the first 4 pulls. I noticed looking at the datalogger that my airdog 165 got pulled down to 14psi by 4000rpm, so a change there is in order. I'm a bit disappointed that the airdog couldnt even support ~640hp without losing most of it's pressure. Also of note is my stock engine on this same fuel setting made ~550hp, pretty good gain from the pistons/cam/head porting. Bunch of odds and ends to tie up. Excited to start track testing soon.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #34
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Update: Went and did my ring seat/finished engine break in on a loaded dyno. 5 pulls at 370cc of fuel and 28* timing. Engine spun quick up to 5100 rpm on the final run, stopped around 4500-4600 on the first 4 pulls. I noticed looking at the datalogger that my airdog 165 got pulled down to 14psi by 4000rpm, so a change there is in order. I'm a bit disappointed that the airdog couldnt even support ~640hp without losing most of it's pressure. Also of note is my stock engine on this same fuel setting made ~550hp, pretty good gain from the pistons/cam/head porting. Bunch of odds and ends to tie up. Excited to start track testing soon.

Dang I figured for sure a 165 should be capable of 750 Atleast. I was gonna run dual 150 pumps but I’m considering trying out power drivens new belt driven deal. I’m hoping to start testing with mine aswell soon.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #35
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Also. You don’t think that 62 you have is limiting you do you? Most with the fuel you have I see are 66-69 paired with the 88

Old 02-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #36
Vincejax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Also. You don’t think that 62 you have is limiting you do you? Most with the fuel you have I see are 66-69 paired with the 88

I'm sure it will be a limiting factor eventually, but probably will be limited by the T3 manifold and .7 housing on the manifold turbo first.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #37
Vincejax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Dang I figured for sure a 165 should be capable of 750 Atleast. I was gonna run dual 150 pumps but I’m considering trying out power drivens new belt driven deal. I’m hoping to start testing with mine aswell soon.

I'm sure it could support more hp, but not with good fuel pressure.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:36 PM   #38
Jeffrey Weeks

Name: Jeffrey Weeks
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
im excited to see how it will perform! it came a long way since the last time I seen it.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:24 PM   #39
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Weeks View Post
im excited to see how it will perform! it came a long way since the last time I seen it.
It gotta a little out of hand, ha

Old 02-25-2019, 07:25 PM   #40
Jeffrey Weeks

Name: Jeffrey Weeks
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
What happened?

Closed Thread