One thing led to another. Build thread.

Jqmile had the last update in the thread with a 5.14 at 137 with a 1.21 60’. At this point the suspension setup was drastically different than what we had previously been using. We had also moved down to 28x10.5’s from a 29.5x10.5w. I got some help at the track from a friend of mine who had experience with small tires and he got me lined out on tire pressure and doing 4 wheel burnouts.

I went back to the track the next week with a little more power loaded up and some minor suspension tuning and went 5.05 at 139 and pulled off a 1.196 60’ on a weekday test n tune track. We were pretty happy with that and 4’s were right around the corner. I had a little tuning glitch and our last pass of the day was made on a burnout limiter tune instead of the 4 second tune.

I had one last track outing I could go to before the end of the year and it was in Bakersfield. I lined up for the burnout and felt something in the rack let loose. Moral of story, if you’re running an Alston rack, your life depends on a very flimsy snap ring. Terrible design. Cory Dow came up with a safe solution and got the rack fixed. Now it was time for my buddy Logan Yelton at Loganbuilt to run the truck back East and get us in the 4’s.

Covid hit and screwed up the racing schedule. Logan and I also took a stab at a converter that made our lives miserable. Towards the end of last year Logan found a converter that worked, and after some struggles with a u joint failure he finally nailed down a 4 second pass and went even deeper in the 60’ with a 1.17.

We pulled the Kingspeed engine out and sold it to a friend and are moving forward with an early solid Hamilton 6.7 block, wagler aluminum head, nova injectors, and more nitrous. We’re hoping to end up with 500 hp more than we had last year.

Jqmile had the last update in the thread with a 5.14 at 137 with a 1.21 60’. At this point the suspension setup was drastically different than what we had previously been using. We had also moved down to 28x10.5’s from a 29.5x10.5w. I got some help at the track from a friend of mine who had experience with small tires and he got me lined out on tire pressure and doing 4 wheel burnouts.

I went back to the track the next week with a little more power loaded up and some minor suspension tuning and went 5.05 at 139 and pulled off a 1.196 60’ on a weekday test n tune track. We were pretty happy with that and 4’s were right around the corner. I had a little tuning glitch and our last pass of the day was made on a burnout limiter tune instead of the 4 second tune.

I had one last track outing I could go to before the end of the year and it was in Bakersfield. I lined up for the burnout and felt something in the rack let loose. Moral of story, if you’re running an Alston rack, your life depends on a very flimsy snap ring. Terrible design. Cory Dow came up with a safe solution and got the rack fixed. Now it was time for my buddy Logan Yelton at Loganbuilt to run the truck back East and get us in the 4’s.

Covid hit and screwed up the racing schedule. Logan and I also took a stab at a converter that made our lives miserable. Towards the end of last year Logan found a converter that worked, and after some struggles with a u joint failure he finally nailed down a 4 second pass and went even deeper in the 60’ with a 1.17.

We pulled the Kingspeed engine out and sold it to a friend and are moving forward with an early solid Hamilton 6.7 block, wagler aluminum head, nova injectors, and more nitrous. We’re hoping to end up with 500 hp more than we had last year.

500 More? Holy sheet!

Back