Missing some ponys??

r-n-r

I've been told that this setup should be in the 525 rwhp range. Several people have mentioned that the torque numbers look low as well. What do you think?

'02 2500 2WD, QC LB Cap, Bilstein, Gauges

DTT 89%, Smart Controller, 4.10, AFE, PDR Boots ARP, B1-2, MagnaFlow, Drag Comp, Regulated Fuel Delivery, HRVP, M4.5

*Short Block and head replaced 09/05*
DynoJet 10/15/05 - 501.56 / 844.46 FallBrawl (no WG)
DynoJet 06/09/06 - 472.9 / 821.8 Dunbar (WG jury rigged)
Beach Bend 06/10/06 - R/T .190, 60' 2.038, 330 5.603, 1/8 8.63, MPH 80.50, 1000 11.266, 1/4 13.494, MPH 101.35 (5th run, new setup)

If I am shooting too high for this setup? If so what should I pursue to hit my goal?
If there might be a problem with the current setup, where should I start looking? I'm lost and need some input, I like to hit the mid to high 12s this year.

TIA,
R-N-R

What are your EGT readings in your run? More specifically at the top end of your run.... and how far down does that regulated fp go at wot? And is it a regulated delivery or return?

You may be in need for a larger hairdryer than that B1-2.....

You can't us a HRVP and Don's injectors combined, that may rob you of a little power, his injectors are designed to be used with regular VPs (per Don M himself) but power wise, I think your about right for the mods you have.

Last roll on the scales weighed in at 7350 with street tires and the bed cap. I expect that I was about 7k at beech bend.
I will run it across the scales in race trim the first chance I get.

1400* EGT and 14psi FP at WOT. Fuel delivery is regulated between the filter and VP with the bypass run into a "T" in the stock return line between the VP and head.

Don thought 4s might hit 525 but 4.5s would easily hit it. His speculation is largely what I am basing my expectation on.
Perhaps the HR on the VP or the -2 on the B1 was missed when he was reviewing my setup.

Dunbar mentioned airflow when he was running the truck on the dyno at BB. A few people have mentioned a larger charger as well. I am just not sure if I am having a problem or just need to go bigger. I expect more air means twins as I do tow a 6k TT. I wouldn't mind using the B1-2 in the set to save a few coins, but then I could probably go with something that will spool faster. However, I don't want to do that at least until I get o-ringed, preferrably putting in a cam and valve train at the same time. I know there is a lot of controversy on the cam, but it just makes sense to me.

Is there anything I can do to open it up a bit while I save my pennies for at least the o-ring and turbo(s)? Will an exhaust and/or intake manifold make a noticable difference in airflow, aside from faster spool? Should I be looking for different sticks?

Thanks for the feedback and input!! I appreciate it :thankyou2:

If you were at 7k at BB, your MPH indicates about 489 at the wheels. That would put you between the fall brawl #'s and the numbers that David got the day before.

Back