inside my built transmission (pics)

lextalionis

user friendly
A couple years ago I paid $4,400 for a built performance transmission($4,900 after they said my core could not be used due to internal failures). I run the transmission on a basically stock 1994 12v 2wd. With the addition of turbo's, injectors, and other modifications it started to flare between shifts and began having hiccups on the street and at the track. Finally I decide to go ahead and pull it out to have them go through it to let me know what problems it was having and fix them if they could, under the existing warranty.

After having it for upwards of 6 weeks, without calling me, I called them and they told me it would be ready tomorrow for $698.00. Would be fine if they had called me to go over the things they were putting in there to get approval on certain upgrades first, but ok I figured thats fine the trans is fixed no big deal :blahblah1:

I put it back in the middle of April this year and have NOT raced it just gone back and forth to school and work. When I come to stop after doing a 50-80 roll, I have no reverse or neutral, and park acts as if I'm brake boosting.

Upon disassembly this is what it looks like, let me know if this is typical of a freshly rebuilt performance trans.

Sorry for the novel ^
transclutch2.jpg

transfwdclutch1.jpg

transclutch3.jpg

transclutchplate.jpg

Thats exactly right, it seems like all i paid for was a one-off billit input and a shift kit. Im not sure that everyone upgrades to the steel sun gears but the accumulator, anchor, strut, servo, apply lever and all other components are stock. Along with the wavy snap ring and the solid snap ring in the overdrive unit were put in the wrong order. It seems as if they reused the front band too which looks to be pretty worn out. I have a feeling I did NOT get what i paid for from what I thought was a pretty recognized company.

Thats exactly right, it seems like all i paid for was a one-off billit input and a shift kit. Im not sure that everyone upgrades to the steel sun gears but the accumulator, anchor, strut, servo, apply lever and all other components are stock. Along with the wavy snap ring and the solid snap ring in the overdrive unit were put in the wrong order. It seems as if they reused the front band too which looks to be pretty worn out. I have a feeling I did NOT get what i paid for from what I thought was a pretty recognized company.

This seems to happen a lot more that one would think. Sorry to hear that

If you were closer id help you out.

So what about it was performance? I see a stock anchor, strut and accumulator...

I put around 800 hp through a trans with those parts being stock. I'd be more concerned about the 5pinion aluminum cased planet and the roasted clutch pack.

Last edited:
Ya I hear that this is why people think they are going to get ripped off when they go to auto shops. I appreciate the offer, as expensive as this stuff is it would almost be worth a trip to Ohio. On another note the input is a two piece and is supposed to be a TCS but when I spoke to them earlier they said they do not stamp numbers on the bottom of the shaft maybe its the TCS Canada?
transinput2.jpg

I put around 800 hp through a trans with those parts being stock. I'd be more concerned about the 5pinion aluminum cased planet and the roasted clutch pack.

LOL Ill shut up..... well no I wont..... what have you owned that was 800hp ?

Thats fine but if i paid for the parts i would expect them to be there and obviously there were other problems as well.

Order performance transmission...check

Have warrranty work performed on said transmission...check

Get billed for warranty work...check

Get back a junked out stocker...check

Sadly this appears to be happening more and more.
WTF is wrong with the diesel performance industry???

thats it in a nutshell unfortunatly^ I wasnt going to say at first, but after never getting called back in the entire time ive dealt with him and no response to the emails, I feel like I should say do not go through D.I performance out of Houston Texas for your transmissions!! They work wih Durabuilt trnsmission and do not deliver...

Back