Fluidampnr

COMP461 said:
Harmonic damping is critical on any motor, and especially on an inline 6. I run a ATI dampener, and it was amazing the difference, the “TING TING TING in the front gear train disappeared immediately. I can feel a difference on the ramp up to gear change, where the whole drive line is smother. I don’t like weight, but that was 10 extra pounds I would not do with out. ATI dose make a aluminum hub for a little extra if you want,, this is the one that 100% of all NASCAR’s run , even when other brands are offered free, and ATI charges for them.

True -but please note these don't have the pulley for the serpentine belt, this ATI is a race only set-up. I'm not aware if they have one for a street truck as of yet..... But I like ATI Super Dampers and use them even on my gasser engines. I never tried a Fluidamper, so I can't share any experiences with them.. I'm sure its a good piece as well.:woohoo:

Billysgoat said:
John, if you don't tell what went on behind the camper at the TS race, I won't tell either.......Mr. Hoover :bang :huh::

Well I guess I wont tell. Cause I dont remember. I was even better at Indy...You must be fantisizing(spelling) again..LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
RacinDuallie said:
True -but please note these don't have the pulley for the serpentine belt, this ATI is a race only set-up. I'm not aware if they have one for a street truck as of yet..... But I like ATI Super Dampers and use them even on my gasser engines. I never tried a Fluidamper, so I can't share any experiences with them.. I'm sure its a good piece as well.:woohoo:

Actually, ATI's ship with a separate pulley, but the pulley has a Cummins part number stamped on it. It works with the stock belt, but not with the stock fan. I had to go to a dual electric fan setup. You can almost see it sneaking out from behind the AC condensor:
valvecovers2.jpg

You also need to figure out a tach pickup for 12v's. I used an ISSPRO R8912 and spliced into the factory harness. It's a beautiful piece and SFI approved. And twice the cost of a Fluidampr.

bnraodn.

Back