07 megacab 4x4 12v swap

coorsman2005

i like beer
Ok some may think this is a dumb idea. But some of you may have seen the truck on here for sale. From mark Nixon. It was a stolen recovery that was parted to basically a roller. And I just so happen to get it from mark and I had a 12v with a 47rh that needed a home. So the idea comes along

The motor trans tcase are from a 94 cummins. One question I have starting with. How do I wire up the od switch and the lock up switch.
I have searched and all I find is ppl that’s still running the stock computer. Which I’m definitely not going to be running it. So that’s the first questions as of now. I’m sure more will come. I will post a few pictures of the trucks

Join the club! while I am not the originator of the 12-rail swap, I can almost trace all known (to me) 12 valve swapped third gens on the internet back to my build thread.

Check it out, in hindsight, a STORM block would slip in a third gen a whole lot better, but the 12 valve looks nice in there too. I’d change a lot of things now, however it has been a solid truck for 60-70k after the swap.

12-Rail
12-Rail - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A4483B97-E0F7-4515-9480-D15BA8FE7D58.jpeg

Well finally got some time to get the 12v in the shop. Going to put new head gasket with mighty diesel Alan bolts. With all new seals and gaskets. And powder coat a few small parts. And make damn sure the Kdp has been fixed.

Back