12v build to start soon!

Zeppelin654

Pretty new here. Finally mustered up the courage to post here. I would really appreciate hearing honest opinions on my plans….anything I need to change for this to be an "educated and functional" build? Let me have it. Truck's going to be mainly a weekend warrior/fast fun street truck and maybe do a couple pulling events each year. The truck's a 95 12v rclb with nv4500 and 171xxx miles.

Hoopie I'm working with:
IMG_0131-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0144-1.jpg

Old engine bay
IMG_20110615_195905.jpg

CDS built 12mm 913 pump benched and flowed pushing 650cc's w/ plate halfway:
IMG_0218.jpg

Flow sheet
CCI11212011_00000.jpg

New PDI ported and ceramic coated t4 manifold:
IMG_0222.jpg

And the piece de resistance…the new Bullseye Batmo 66/83/.9 t4 turbo:
IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Here are my plans:

Already have:

Air Dog 165 gph
Valair DD ceramic clutch
billet tappet cover
5th gear fixed
kdp fixed
fuel plate mia
cfm+ horn
boost tube

Stuff I'm adding:

bullseye batmo 66mm turbo
CDS 12mm 215 ppump
PDI ported manifold
head ported on exhaust side
arp 425's to 150lb's
o ring'd head
5x.018's
dual feed to pump from Rob's Diesel
hamilton 188/220 cam
hamilton 165# springs/retainers/locks
hamilton extreme duty pushrods
ati super damper
new cam gear
24v tappets

Hoping for 700 hp (maybe?) Anything I should add or change guys? Btw, I'm coming from a II phat shaft 64/65/14, stock 160 pump, and stock injectors…..should be a heck of a difference

Thanks for lookin. Any input is welcomed.:thankyou2:

- Dev

It looks like you are building a puller not a street truck. I think you went a little overboard. But i looks like you made good choices. For street driving you may want to put your fuel plate back in and tune your afc. Those 5x18 are a bit big for the street. Good for the track, but smokey for the street. Just because it smokes does'nt mean your cool. You need to port the intake side of your head. To get the full effect from your cam. Remember to use the search feature. It will answer your questions.

Thanks Diehard. I've been searching my a$$ off, I kinda just wanted some opinions of my particular setup with everything together. Plate will stay halfway for now and of course, the afc tuning will commence as soon as I'm done. I also do not plan on "smoking people out" like an idiot, I just wanted good size injectors to take full advantage of my pump and be there incase the truck turns into strictly a puller, or if a bigger charger is introduced. A hamilton head was my first plan for the head, as it stock, flows more than a mildly ported stock head, however I do not know if I can front the cost at the moment….

Thanks for the input. Anyone else??

Funny you said something about a hamilton head! I have flow numbers on my 12v head that i ported. Up to .300 lift my ported head beats a hamilton head. Now after that his head will beat mine on the intake. But on the exhaust mine is just behind his. At .500 lift on the exhaust mine just 15.5 cfm behind his. I think Zachs head is great and he is a very smart person. I will buy from him agian.

If all your hoping for is 700hp you need to pull back the fuel somewhat, a good reference is 1.6 HP per cc of fuel. Also as said port the entire head, and if you can put larger valves in atleast the exhaust side. The Injectors should be manageable on the street but expect a haze. Way back when I ran a set of CDS 5x.017s on the street and the only time they sucked was when towing heavy.

Picked up some more stuff…..little by little haha

Hamilton's extreme duty pushrods:
IMG_0286.jpg

24v tappets (hamilton 188/220 cam is gona be feelin these babies up soon!):
IMG_0293.jpg

Dual Feed from Rob's Diesel (very sweet!):
IMG_0285.jpg

And the truck all washed up. It needs paint, but I'm doin go fast goodies first
IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

I was planning on getting rid of the cfm. I really wanted to do a runner intake, but the cost is a bit too much at the moment. What do you think about crazy carl's dual horn metal intake?

Dual Intake Horn

I was thinking that, or one from wilson manifolds…

Dodge Cummins 5.9L

What do you think about those for an "in between horn"….between stock and all out runner style?

NOTE: I like the dual one from crazy carl over the wilson one because of the added air to cyl 5 and 6

Quickie: I can get ddp comps for a good price, or should I hold out for some sheid or harts 5x.018's / 5x.020's for a little more money? Pretty much got everything figured out except for the head, intake manifold, and injectors..... Want good flow in the head, just maybe not break the bank with a Hamilton head.... So sweet though, it's tempting. Thanks

Glad you like it! Good luck with the build.

Butttt I somehow missed the orings on that dual feed :nail:
so make sure you add them or I can send you some just let me know.

Your in PA drop the head off at KMP machine. Tell Kevin I sent you. Hes doing another head for us right now also.

Last edited:
Quickie: I can get ddp comps for a good price, or should I hold out for some sheid or harts 5x.018's / 5x.020's for a little more money? Pretty much got everything figured out except for the head, intake manifold, and injectors..... Want good flow in the head, just maybe not break the bank with a Hamilton head.... So sweet though, it's tempting. Thanks

The hamilton head is actually priced really good. Especially when you start looking into what porting actually costs. You wanna talk about breaking the bank go look at the Indy head.

thanks guys. I'm thinking runner intake now. What kinda flow numbers would a head have to see (cfm numbers for intake and exhaust) for the runner intake to really compliment the head? What's your guys take on the joker fab products? anyone running his stuff? I just talked to Joe over there, and he seems like a helluva guy...

nice build, def alot for a street truck haha. I like the ceramic coating on your manifold and that is one of my dream turbos, it seems that you have alot of fuel for 700 hp...good luck with it

I'm thinkin I may have a little more money here soon .... Just wanted to ask... IF I do a full rebuild, if I got that large bowl piston and gasket kit ($800) Cummins Performance Parts CPP 12V Cummins B Series Engine Rebuild Kit , balanced rods ($750)Cummins Performance Parts CPP Performance Connecting Rods 89-07 Cummins 5.9L, girdle ($450), main bolts and rod bolts ($500), is that everything I'd need to do OR would I have to get the cylinders honed, crank balanced, other stuff too? 2 grand more to have a completely fresh motor seems enticing.....just wondering if I'm missing some major parts/labor costs that would make me want to leave the stock stuff in it...

Why would you spend money on balanced rods and a girdle for what you plan to do? If you are thinking about rebuilding it, a larger bowl piston is a very good idea, but I would go through Jeff(Snedge) for the parts directly.

By the way, does Jamie know he spelled Guarantee wrong on his website?

Back