What should the next mod be?

4x4dually

Referencing the truck in my signature, if it were yours, and you knew more about it than me, what would you spend your money on next for increased hp/tq? I may have 3 or 4 hundred bills fall in my lap and wondered if there was anything I could do with that money that would make a good improvement on my first diesel 'project'.

I may also be swapping a buddy for some Jammer V's or 7x.012's sometime if he still wants to swap, so what would you do on that subject to?

Thanks! JWB

New tires? :hehe:

I don't know what you're wanting to do with the truck, maybe upgrade the turbo for some more air? If you pull with it you'll want to watch the compressor surge so you'll want to watch the turbine size vs. compressor size.

satburn said:
New tires? :hehe:

I don't know what you're wanting to do with the truck, maybe upgrade the turbo for some more air? If you pull with it you'll want to watch the compressor surge so you'll want to watch the turbine size vs. compressor size.

Tires are great thanks for asking...LOL

But, I only have a surge problem when the outside temperature is less than 75F. This has been a freakin' stuggle for over four months now and I have done everything I can to fix it. It seems like it isn't getting enough fuel in the 20 - 30 psi range when it is cold. But, when I floor it to 43 psi, it runs great. What the heck? I was just hoping I could switch injectors or mod something else and it would go away. No one can figure it out. Edge can't help, I'm on my third Juice module, Industrial Injection can't help unless I send the turbo back and have them check it out, so I basically give up. If it is hot outside and the intake temp is high, it runs fine. But it does surge or whatever the hell it is doing a lot more when I pull a trailer.

I basically pull heavy trailers alot and now that I have made it go fast, drag race on public streets like a juvenille. :rockwoot:

Here's the link that explain my original problem if you are intested.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6433&highlight=VP44

Last edited:
Clutch...have an OFE in the goat, great clutch...but I'm killing it :bang

OR

A set of headstuds, that little extra bit of holding power might help keep you from having the joy that is single person HG replacement LOL

Support the power, then make it :rockwoot:

jhurst said:
:poke: do it.......do it

i will :Cheer: while you install

You know I still got almost 2 full 30 packs. I think I have lost my taste for beer. I'd probably trade both cases for your head studs...:hehe: And I'm holdin' your post hole auger as ransom. :rockwoot:

Tell it! Gray in the mustache!!!!!! But I haven't lost my looks or my charm or my liking for Wild Turkey! LOL

I think the studs are a good idea, but if I were in your shoes.....a Fass pump is a good idea if you plan on more mods. They are a little more than $400, but worth every penny.

Back