Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
jupton

Name: jupton
Title: Horsepower lover
Member`s Gallery
Timing?

Made my second hook on the new rig the other night at a local fair. Did really well pulling it right out the door no problem. Its a 12v with s475 charger, 5 x 25 injectors, big haisley truck pull cam etc. It turned about 4300 down the track. My issue is I had about a 12" flame from the stack the whole way down the track and egts were very high obviously. I am thinking this is a timing issue. I currently have it set at 35 degrees and am wondering if it should be more like 40 or better? Also what kind of effect is more timing going to have on the streetability of the truck? Any input is much appreciated

Old 08-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
lightsOUT

Name: lightsOUT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
what governor springs do you have now? plate/ no plate?

the dark side made me do it.........

Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
jupton

Member`s Gallery
5K springs, plate is in there but is ground to a zero and moved ahead all the way for full rack with a 2095 plug. Its a 911 pump that was also on the bench and the barrels turned so she is getting lots of fuel.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #4
BottleFed

Name: BottleFed
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I have an 8-10 in flame that come out of my stack also. I am set at 33deg but thats all the higher i can go otherwise the truck wants to start backwards. Your running an s475, 5x25's, 35 deg. timing and your worried about streetability? I hope your kidding. Im no expert but i dont think any more timing would help you. 30-33 has worked very good on the trucks that i have been around spinning 4-5k. High egt's is always going to be a problem with that amount of fuel and timing. I dont know if you can run water but i put three 750cc jet on my truck and it will run down the track at less than 1600 whitch is a huge improvement from what it was before. If the truck is running good and your just worried about temp. i would say throw some water at it and maybe an air/water intercooler.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
12VHotrodder

Name: 12VHotrodder
Title: Just having fun
Member`s Gallery
Time for some air/water josh. Remind me, what is you inlet fuel pressure system again?

Daily Driver: 2001 Ram 3500 CTD 6spd, 150hp sticks,Twins, HotRod VP Juice/Attitude,VP Smarty, full gauges, FASS, Custom 5 inch Sidepipes.

Puller: The Rabid Ram (Just a little 12V! )

Old 08-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
jupton

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12VHotrodder View Post
Time for some air/water josh. Remind me, what is you inlet fuel pressure system again?
I have an Aeromotive Eliminator pump feeding the front port in the pump as well as the stock system. And i know your right about the air to water needing to be on there... Ill probly be out sometime this week to talk some things over with you i think, thanks.

Bottlefed, I am not allowed to run water injection so thats out of the question. And i wasnt kidding about keeping it somewhat streetable, I still want to drive this thing to the pulls and be able cruise around in it

Closed Thread